Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

More tinkering... getting closer to having a feasible workflow path from Bryce to Octane. Materials still a bit of an issue...

Anker2_oct.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 312K
    Bryce_v_octane12.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 267K
    Bryce_v_octane11.jpg
    851 x 628 - 95K
    Bryce_v_octane10.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 130K
    Bryce_v_octane9.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 207K
  • TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

@MrSilus.... love that chess one! :D

Hello all... here are my newest ones. :D

colorplexity38wp.jpg
    1330 x 748 - 2M
    Dawnwp.jpg
    1330 x 748 - 786K
    exology83wp.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    simplicity61wp.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    angelbotwp.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 564K
  • TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited March 2013

@ TLBKlaus it would be interesting to have a look at some of your abstract scene files to see how you set things up :) some interesting stuff.

I liked the idea of the diamond challenge,,, this one has the 2 scene lights switched off for it, and no ambience or sun in the scene, the idea and scene set up is based on a real world gadget for viewing diamonds.

fire1.png
    871 x 875 - 621K
    Post edited by TapiocaTundra on
    edited December 1969

@Tapioca... Here's a link to a tutorial for my "Colorplexity" series -- the bottom one of my last post is from this series. As @Horo noted, I tend to use mirrors a lot, either cubes for the "infinite" feel or spheres for abstract, distorted shapes... :D

http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com/art/Colorplexity-Tutorial-52774259

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited March 2013

@David: Like Dave, real nice looking images. As usual.

@TLBKlaus: Those are some mighty fine images. That chess board and pieces is stunning. And it's hard to decide which abstract I like best, so I'll admire all three. Figure in the first image makes a great statement. I also agree with Tapioca about seeing your abstract files to learn how you set up everything.

@Tapioca: Really like the geometry of that image. And your choice of colors.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

Some of them, especially the "Simplicity" series which the 2nd one above is part of, are very simple. That one is made from three spheres inside a stone and one light... the color comes from making them shadowless so the exterior sky colors come through [and amping up the contrast and saturation in postproduction too]. The rest comes from a reflection depth of about 15 or so...

edited March 2013

@ GussNemo only 3 pink white and black the diamond did the rest
    @ TLBKlaus thanks will check it out

edit : the diamond of course has no colour it is using only the colours from the scene

Post edited by TapiocaTundra on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Honest advertising. :cheese:

Ring.jpg
    1000 x 367 - 342K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Honest advertising. :cheese:

:lol:
    good one

edited December 1969

Lumps of carbon, indeed.

One of those pure accidents Bryce can produce, I was interested what it might look like inside my diamond model, a simple 3 light set-up and a mirror material.
    I was very surprised, to me this pictures a grim hellish nightmare, a pathway into the mouth of the Leviathan, complete with a dark satanic figure standing in wait :ahhh: not quite the sparkling eye pleaser I imagined.
    It can be my second entry to the gemstone challenge :)

Just for fun, If you want to have a look, here is my Bryce 7 file.

Down Inside.7z - 1 MB

Down_inside_the_stone.png
    1514 x 885 - 1M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

@David - interesting examples.

@TLBKlaus - very nice renders. the last one is a bit busy.

@TapiocaTundra - nice diamond shape. Good idea to look into an object, I often do that. It appears that there is some haze.

@Dave - honest advertising, indeed. Beautifully done.

edited December 1969

@ Horro , no haze, everything switched off, the material of the diamond is only refracting and reflecting light bouncing from it's surroundings.

edited December 1969

Thanks for telling me. I wasn't actually certain, I just had the impression.

edited December 1969

I should really be doing some proper work. :-)

Buddah.jpg
    650 x 650 - 389K
    edited December 1969

You're really the advertising guy. Excellent.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.

I found as Horo mentioned materials can change dramatically when the light is changed. This was the reason for my question. Thanks all.

David – all your experiments with different products (yours and Horos) and software are so cool, I wish I had the extra bucks. Maybe its time to buy lottery tickets.

TLBKlaus – very interesting work, the abstracts and chess

Tapioca Tundra- nice renders.

Dave – excellent work as usual. I’ll love a ring like that one.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited March 2013

@Dave Your Buddah looks amazingly real. Excellent material and choice of colour. And his words of wisdom... :-) I would like to choose it for my desktop background, if you don't mind.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

David – all your experiments with different products (yours and Horos) and software are so cool, I wish I had the extra bucks. Maybe its time to buy lottery tickets.

Thank you, well I don't know if it is worthwhile yet - it is just that - experiments. Octane is a good render engine, but the proof of the pudding will be how difficult it is to get your scene out of Bryce and into Octane (price consideration aside - hardware gets cheaper over time) the main thing is, is the workflow any good. If yes, then yes. If no, then it will be no good because it is no fun. So far so good. But since I've not had Octane a week yet, it is rather too early to come to any conclusions. What is good is that it is forcing me to learn more about bits of Bryce I've sort of neglected.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

What is good is that it is forcing me to learn more about bits of Bryce I've sort of neglected.

Thanks for sharing what you learn with us and for making Bryce exciting to learn.

These abstracts are based on TLBKlaus Reflective Abstract Tutorial. Thanks for this tutorial.

reflectiveabstract2.jpg
    700 x 525 - 26K
    reflectiveabstract1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 18K
    edited December 1969

Very cool... Glad to help! :D Needs a little more antialiasing, but I like the springlike colors.

• MrSilusMrSilus Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

TLBKlaus said:
    Very cool... Glad to help! :D Needs a little more antialiasing, but I like the springlike colors.

I think the problem lies, not in the lack of anti-aliasing, but rather the too high jpeg compression factor of the image.

edited December 1969

These abstracts are based on TLBKlaus Reflective Abstract Tutorial. Thanks for this tutorial.

I like it! It's weird, but at the same time nice to visualize! :)
    But please try not to compress the images too much when you save them as jpeg, There are too many compression artifacts.

edited December 1969

TLBKlaus said:

Thanks! It's an oldy, but revived for 2013 :)

As usual, very cool and inspired! Thumbs up! And I see that we share a love for chess (at least for rendering purposes) :)

edited December 1969

@TapiocaTundra Interesting renders. The one inside the diamond is actually a very cool perspective!

@Dave lol, I have to ask (I honestly don't know) but are you in any way in advertising ? You certainly have a flair for it :)
    The Buddha one is great, but my favorite is the one with the ring. Very cool looking!

edited December 1969

More tinkering... getting closer to having a feasible workflow path from Bryce to Octane. Materials still a bit of an issue...

I really need to start thinking about getting Octane a bit more, because as more of your work with Octane you post, the more I'm fascinated with the results. How I wish Bryce could achieve such beautiful and life like results...

The Bryce interface (including all the labs and maybe some more) with Octane's render engine...that's my raytracing dream right there!

Again, wonderful work David!

edited December 1969

MrSilus said:
    TLBKlaus said:

Thanks! It's an oldy, but revived for 2013 :)

As usual, very cool and inspired! Thumbs up! And I see that we share a love for chess (at least for rendering purposes) :)

I am a lifelong chess player as well, though sadly out of practice at the moment. [I have high school chess club among my geek credentials lol]... the chess set I use for these was my first great modelling success, it's held up well.

I've done a lot of chess pics over the years, you can see them on my dA site.

edited March 2013

MrSilus said:
    @Dave lol, I have to ask (I honestly don't know) but are you in any way in advertising ? You certainly have a flair for it :)
    The Buddha one is great, but my favorite is the one with the ring. Very cool looking!

Thanks and yes, I'm in advertising, packaging and marketing design. Been doing it for over 30 years now, freelance for the past 12 years. :)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

TLBKlaus said:
    I am a lifelong chess player as well, though sadly out of practice at the moment. [I have high school chess club among my geek credentials lol]... the chess set I use for these was my first great modelling success, it's held up well.

I've done a lot of chess pics over the years, you can see them on my dA site.

Then you have me beat, because I truly am just a chess fan for rendering purposes :)
    I do have a couple of glass chess boards that look really cool and were certainly a source of inspiration, but that's pretty much it. I've played it of course, but never that much!

I'll be sure to check your dA page for more then!

edited December 1969

Thanks and yes, I'm in advertising, packaging and marketing design. Been doing it for over 30 years now, freelance for the past 12 years. :)

Ah makes sense :)

edited December 1969

Did this one more as an idea than a finished render...

StatueMaker.jpg
    800 x 650 - 358K
This discussion has been closed.