Site complaints....

13»

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

StevenA said:
    DanGer777 said:
    Best check your bank StevenA. That's how we verified ours was taken out.

I'm on the phone with my bank right now because the charge shows as Pending even though the order number isn't showing on my account here. I've removed my credit card info from DAZ now because of this!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/

The correct way to cancel a PC membership

edited December 1969

Not to add one more thing, but...I just tried to change my avatar and it deleted my old one and wouldn't let me load a new one. I'm not faceless! Abandoned! Oh, wotta revoltin' development dis is! It's only temporary, right? Some way t' run a railroad, eh?

Worse than that, I had planned on spending some money in the store today, but as everything seems to be working kind of goofy, I think I'll give it a pass.

It may seem silly, but try uploading the new avatar in a different image format. So if the previous one was a jpg, try a png or a gif.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

Search is broken again it seems. A simple search, such as optitex, pulls up a few related items and tons NOT at all related. search tres jolie and get so much old stuff and can't (and didn't) find the real product.
    Tried several other searches, most were total fails.
    Sheesh, how can you find things in the store?

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, upgraded to Firefox 17 and the site is broken again. Getting the links on the left again that go nowhere.

*sigh*

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I'm using Firefox 13.

You've pretty much hit it with that...

The site browser compatibility script is probably blocking it. I was getting all sorts of problems with anything below FF15 most places. And quite a few outright blocking 13 or lower. And Cloudflare sites are pickier than most...

Interesting. Ok, I'll give 15 a try and see how that goes. Thanks.

Yeah, it was bad when the Mozilla site was saying I had an unsupported browser...and that was just because I was using a custom UA string. It wouldn't even let me search for add-ons. Sites have gotten way too picky these days...

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I'm using Firefox 17.0.1 and having fewer problems than most I think. I've been logged in to the forums for days a time and now 'problems' with the cart are usually fixed with a simple refresh--not a hard one. Yesterday (I think it was) I couldn't log in to the store, but that was the store end as some kind of switchover or something occurred. A couple hours later it was okay. The 'address' of the itemized history page changed so Taozen had to do a quick fix to his nifty program. But seems it's okay now.

I let Firefox update automatically and even though that can be tricky I'm willing to chance it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

...had to use the Quote button to post this as the Post Reply one brought up the "Site is Down" page.

Find it really annoying that things like this and the thread misdirects (click on an email link to one and get sent to different one) keep occurring. I'm on FF15 as I understand 17 has issues that only make matters worse.

After seven months, these kind of issues relating to basic site functions should not be occurring.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I use FF17 and have had no problems with the shop or forum, other than the one with the c/c payments.

• DanGer777DanGer777 Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    StevenA said:
    DanGer777 said:
    Best check your bank StevenA. That's how we verified ours was taken out.

I'm on the phone with my bank right now because the charge shows as Pending even though the order number isn't showing on my account here. I've removed my credit card info from DAZ now because of this!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/

The correct way to cancel a PC membership

I used the correct way to cancel a PC membership as well as removed my payment information completely. It was a few months LATER that the platinum charge was taken out from a credit card that wasn't supposed to be on file. The only explanation I received was, "Sometimes the computer does strange things." Bull! I have websites in place which are auto ecommerce platforms that DO NOT take payments on their own after a cancellation. So you can insinuate someone else doesn't know what they are doing when canceling a paying membership. Just don't look to me when you choose to insult someone's intelligence.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, upgraded to Firefox 17 and the site is broken again. Getting the links on the left again that go nowhere.

*sigh*

I would say try out Waterfox which is the 64 bit version of Firefox but if your having issues with version 17 probably won't make any difference. Funny though, I have similar issues with IE so I don't THINK it's necessarily the browsers.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

*sigh*

I would say try out Waterfox which is the 64 bit version of Firefox but if your having issues with version 17 probably won't make any difference. Funny though, I have similar issues with IE so I don't THINK it's necessarily the browsers.

Naw, I don't think it's the browsers either. No worries, I needed to upgrade anyways.

edited December 1969

Have you made sure that you have cleared your browser cache completely. It is best to do this when the browser is closed.

If that hasn't worked when you reopen the browser, then do a hard refresh on the page in question (Shift+Ctrl+R)

If this is still not clearing it, then actually rebooting you computer is the next thing to try.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Not to add one more thing, but...I just tried to change my avatar and it deleted my old one and wouldn't let me load a new one. I'm not faceless! Abandoned! Oh, wotta revoltin' development dis is! It's only temporary, right? Some way t' run a railroad, eh?

Worse than that, I had planned on spending some money in the store today, but as everything seems to be working kind of goofy, I think I'll give it a pass.

It may seem silly, but try uploading the new avatar in a different image format. So if the previous one was a jpg, try a png or a gif.

I'm guessing that it must be some sort of a system's glitch as it's not letting me upload in any format. I guess I'll be faceless until somebody get's back in the office. Oh the humility....

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

I just found an interesting thing that doesn't work quite right.

I bought a gift card for myself, got the email and code fine, then tried to redeem it. To make a long story short, the buttons on the gift card page do not work, but entering the code and hitting return did work.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:
    I just found an interesting thing that doesn't work quite right.

I bought a gift card for myself, got the email and code fine, then tried to redeem it. To make a long story short, the buttons on the gift card page do not work, but entering the code and hitting return did work.

I've been using the gift card for the last month with no issues. It must be a fairly recent problem or intermittent as I used them yesterday.

Interesting thing that I've found...in gmail if you click on the code it will open your account page at Daz on the gift card page which makes it easy to check the balance. Checking the balance on the shopping cart page seems to stall or take forever though.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited January 2013

chohole said:
    Have you made sure that you have cleared your browser cache completely. It is best to do this when the browser is closed.

If that hasn't worked when you reopen the browser, then do a hard refresh on the page in question (Shift+Ctrl+R)

If this is still not clearing it, then actually rebooting you computer is the next thing to try.

...how do you clear the cache without the programme open?
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    chohole said:

...how do you clear the cache without the programme open?

What I mean by closing the browser, is that you should close it, then reopen a new instance of it, to clear the cache. I find that cache clearing works better that way than it does if you clear cache with existing tabs still open. So truly I should have said close all Browser tabs, or even close Browser, reopen Browser and clear cache from Browser home page.. Sorry, me bad.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

I browsed through the posts here and it seems most having problems are using FF? Personally I use Chrome and I've never had these issues.

As for the old site vs the new site allow me to point out the number one reason (in my opinion) why companies upgrade or change software. Cost of maintaining redundant systems. PHP is not the new kid on the block anymore and I would venture to say that it will soon become completely redundant once HTML 5 and related technologies become more widespread. Thus PHP programmers will become a rarity making them much more expensive than before. That's one reason why Linux never really took off in major businesses. Linux might be free but maintaining it cost a lot more than similar MS systems for example.

My guess is that DAZ had an in-house programmer who worked there for many many years and when he left they probably did some shopping for a new guy and figured out it would be cheaper to replace the system than the programmer.

Or maybe they just woke up one morning and got tired of all the duct tape and decided to do something about it. Who knows? This is after all Daz and nobody can understand their reasons. ;)