content library

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I want to add a new content library from my bigger hard drive. My main C drive is to small to put all my content for DAZ on it so how do I put another content library from another hard drive in DAZ studio 4.5.

thanks for any help

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes this should help http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11176/#160953 If you have any further questions fire away.

• edited December 1969

Thank you so much Addict that help a lot was able to set it up. :-)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

One way...

Go to the drive with lots of space...in Explorer right click > New > Folder (name it My Library)...then copy/paste all your existing content there...

Then fire up DS, after the copying is finished...then Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager > New...then map your new location there.

After you are done, and are satisfied that everything is working from the new location, remove the old set...then in Explorer, delete the content from your user profile...

If you have a lot of content, then it will take a while (up to several hours) for the transfer to complete (especially with Windows disk caching/writing policies), so don't be too quick to delete anything.

Then, after that's all done, any new content you install, you would direct the installer to place it in the new location...

edited December 1969

Thank you so much Addict that help a lot was able to set it up. :-)
    My pleasure and btw Addict refers to how many posts I have listed my handle is above that but I suppose Addict is close enough. :)
  • edited December 1969

Cool thanks mjc1016

• edited December 1969

Sorry saw that after I reply Szark LOL

edited December 1969

LOL Oh no need to be sorry...I found it rather amusing as it is a pretty fair assement