A doubt about Mavka for genesis

jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all!
My doubt is as follows:
if I buy Mavka for genesis, I can use all the items made for Mavka Figure Stand Alone, sold in Rendo?
Or what is done to Mavka, will not work for Mavka genesis?
thank you

Comments

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Mavka Genesis does not include a clone shape for the original Mavka. So you are correct; you can't easily use items for the original Mavka with Mavka Genesis.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Hmmm ... ! Thank you.
    I can now decide which Mavka buy.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Hmmm ... ! Thank you.
    I can now decide which Mavka buy.

Hi jorge,

I have both the original Mavka and the genesis version.

I love both.

The plus with having Mavka in Genesis is that all the clothing and textures you can use with genesis will work with Mavka.

Also you have additional morphs that you can use with Mavka at your fingertips.

At some point I will probably try and transfer some of my Mavka Original items over to genesis there are some beautiful items. But after using Mavka Genesis I wouldn't go back to the original...just my two cents fwiw.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

...I wonder what it takes to make a clone from the original.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,580
    edited December 2012

Someoen in freebies posted how to clone the horse and the basic concept should apply to just about any model. See for yourself here...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12955/

Edited to change close to clone...I really need to double check my spelling...lol

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited December 1969

Well .. That's what you said:

"The plus with having Mavka in Genesis is that all the clothing and textures you can use with genesis will work with Mavka..."

...Make me change my point of view.

edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    Someoen in freebies posted how to clone the horse and the basic concept should apply to just about any model. See for yourself here...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12955/

Edited to change close to clone...I really need to double check my spelling...lol

Thanks for posting the link...I sent it to onenote and was just about to try and dig it out when I saw your post.

edited December 1969

The first one is delilah with sadie and mavka
    Mavka wearing Fredricks renaissance dress for a3
    Mavka in Wildwoods
    Mavka in Greco roman with the fantasy collar

V3_Fantasy_collar_mavka_squash_blossoms_greco_roman.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1020K
    mavkawildwoods.png
    1000 x 1414 - 528K
    mavka_renaissance.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 520K
    delilah_with_Sadie_and_Mavka.png
    1000 x 1414 - 708K
    edited December 1969

...Id love to use the Mavka Overalls, the Tilly Character, and several of the Mavka Fey outfits, all that were created for the original character.

edited December 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Id love to use the Mavka Overalls, the Tilly Character, and several of the Mavka Fey outfits, all that were created for the original character.

Yeah...there are a few things that I would like to use also. The mermaid tail and anniebels puff dress spring to mind.

There are some differences...but it's probably doable to create a clone.

Problem would be distribution...

kboth_togetther.jpg
    600 x 843 - 74K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

...I have no intent to distribute. I just want it so I can use all the other Mavka content I paid good money for that is currently unusable with the Genesis version.

3DU provided clones for Genesis Sadie and Sam so that clothing and character content from the original figures could be used. I don't understand why this wasn't done with Mavka? Wouldn't it result in even more sales of the older content if it did work?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I have no intent to distribute. I just want it so I can use all the other Mavka content I paid good money for that is currently unusable with the Genesis version.

3DU provided clones for Genesis Sadie and Sam so that clothing and character content from the original figures could be used. I don't understand why this wasn't done with Mavka? Wouldn't it result in even more sales of the older content if it did work?

I'm not sure why Smay didn't I'm sure he had a good reason.

I was thinking of doing one myself but was thinking I wouldn't be able to share.

edited December 2012

...well it isn't like a plethora of Genesis Mavka content is being released. So far in all these months, there is only one new character (of course by Thorne).

Sad, because I really love the character and spent a lot on content for her. With Genesis a lot of the bending issues with the original figure have gone away.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well it isn't like a plethora of Genesis Mavka content is being released. So far in all these months, there is only one new character (of course by Thorne).

Sad, because I really love the character and spent a lot on content for her. With Genesis a lot of the bending issues with the original figure have gone away.

The beauty of Genesis is that all the shapes can use the clothing. I showed a picture earlier with Season used on Mavka and the other fairy outfit recently released also works well with her. Neither were specifically created for Mavka but work very well with her.

edited December 2012

..yeah, but I find it a bit of a burn that I spent money on a sizable collection of content that I can't use, while for Sadie and Sam, I can use pretty much all of the older content I have (including third party and freebie stuff).

Limiting what can be done with a character limits its sales potential and frankly, even Sadie as popular as she is, doesn't bring in near as much as Vicky or Aiko3 do. It also hurts the vendors who take the time and effort to support your product.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..yeah, but I find it a bit of a burn that I spent money on a sizable collection of content that I can't use, while for Sadie and Sam, I can use pretty much all of the older content I have (including third party and freebie stuff).

Limiting what can be done with a character limits its sales potential and frankly, even Sadie as popular as she is, doesn't bring in near as much as Vicky or Aiko3 do. It also hurts the vendors who take the time and effort to support your product.

I hear you. But even though I love Mavka's clothes, I love them on Mavka. And, well, I can still use Mavka so I don't mind so much. In fact I've had more fun mixing Mavka with genesis than anything and she feels like a completely different person to me.

BTW, Pendraia, those Mavka pics are a delight. Each instance fits the feel of the clothes.

Kyoto Kid did you get the Teens? If you didn't try this: genesis with Mavka at 27%. 50% she looks like an older teen....Magic that.

Anyway, this is genesis with Mavka at 27% and wearing a 'cowgirl' outfit by hongyu.

GenMavka-Yweeb.jpg
    618 x 800 - 88K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

There are a lot of clone shapes that would be useful. If you do end up creating a Mavka clone, try contacting the author to ask if it would be okay to distribute. The Sadie and Sam for Genesis was great because I can still use the wealth of content I got for the two original toons, and it also means more options when considering which new ones to buy.

edited December 2012

Spit said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I hear you. But even though I love Mavka's clothes, I love them on Mavka. And, well, I can still use Mavka so I don't mind so much. In fact I've had more fun mixing Mavka with genesis than anything and she feels like a completely different person to me.

BTW, Pendraia, those Mavka pics are a delight. Each instance fits the feel of the clothes.

Kyoto Kid did you get the Teens? If you didn't try this: genesis with Mavka at 27%. 50% she looks like an older teen....Magic that.

Anyway, this is genesis with Mavka at 27% and wearing a 'cowgirl' outfit by hongyu.

Wow, nice work!!
    Your Mavka with Genesis, shows a characteristic more realistic and less like a plastic doll

Post edited by jorge dorlando on
  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,023
    edited December 1969

I use evilinnocence's Crossdresser to convert from other figures to V4, then I use autofit on the for-V4 version of things. With crossdresser you only buy the license for the target figure, so you just need the V4 license to do this, and a single license is very affordable. CD does support Mavka (as well as all kinds of other figures) so you might want to go that route to genesis-ize your Mavka items

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Wow, nice work!!
    Your Mavka with Genesis, shows a characteristic more realistic and less like a plastic doll

Thank you, Jorge!

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Thanks Spit! : ). I love your image...it's got a beautifully magical feel to it while still looking realistic. Thanks for providing the percentages.