DSON won't work on Poser Pro 2012 (Poser and DSON are newest updates)

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, because when I did this weeks ago on my laptop it was fine, but it's not working on my PC. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and Poser Pro 2012 with the latest update SR3.1 (I also did the content update, which I did not do on the laptop I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I downloaded the latest version of DSON and installed it. Then I remembered the service release of Poser and installed it and then I tried reinstalling DSON after as well. I tried it also in my genesis runtime directory which caused more errors, so now it is reinstalled where Poser is installed.

Originally my library went white so I reinstalled Adobe Air and Flash Player 11, which didn't work but then after searching I found to change it to external library and that fixed that issue. (and I readded the genesis runtime as I forgot to check "keep" when I updated)

Now I try to load something, in this case DAZ Horse 2, the new one (just downloaded the files 2 days ago) and I get this and it doesn't load:

SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

I have no idea what that means, please help!

PS this is the 2nd time I'm attempting to post it it didn't work for some reason, if there is a double, please delete one.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

Do you have the folders
    \Runtime\Python\addons\dson
    \Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support
    in your Poser Pro 2012 application folder? Where is the DSON content installed, and did you install both the Core and Companion files?

• edited December 2012

Yes I have that in my poser install folder. I thought I installed both files, maybe I accidentally installed just one and didn't realize it, I had been installing so much content. Let me check and I'll let you know. Thanks!

ETA: Ok under downloadable files this is all I have:
    DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win64
    DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - Poser Companion - PC
    DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - DSON Core - PC

I thought the core file was for DS because it says trx in the name, am I wrong? Maybe I installed it in the DS folder and that was wrong? I don't see two actual DSON download files. The rest are for mac

Post edited by scullygirl818_02147fecb6 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 2012

The core files are the actual content, the companion files are the Python scripts that go in the Poser library to load the content. So you do need all three installers to get it to work. (It's not entirely accurate, but think of the Core as having the Geometry and Texture folders while the Companion Files are just the Library files.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on