daz4/content/daz3.1

media_1b4d42c6dfmedia_1b4d42c6df Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

It was bad enough that daz 4 couldn´t open a scene I had done in daz 3, but when I opened daz 3 and tried to open that same file, could not all because I have installed daz 4. so how do I get my scene to open again in daz3 which is were I had created it in the first place. Do I need to just unintall daz4? thanks

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Let's start from the top shall we?

Firstly, what is the file you are trying to load? From all accounts I've seen, Daz 3 content should load perfectly fine in 4and 4.5, including any saved documents. Naturally they are not backwards compatible though.

Secondly, how are you trying to load it? Having Daz 4 installed shouldn't affect your ability to files into Daz 3. If you're double-clicking a .DAZ file (for example) it might have defaulted to opening in the newer version of Daz Studio as the file associations would likely have changed when it was installed.

Details about what the scene included might help unravelling this mysterious behavior.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

When you save a DAZ scene file in DS1 to DS4.0 it writes all of the mesh/morph/UV in the scene to DSO/DSD/DSV files in the data folder, it's those files DS uses to rebuild the scene, this is what catches most out as they think it's reading the Poser files to rebuild it.

I take it you are getting a "couldn't find some files" error message in DS4 and now in DS3 when you try to open your scene, if so then you need to make sure DS has the right content directories listed, as it needs to be able to see the correct "data/3_0" folder.
    If by some chance you've deleted the data folder then you have a bit of work ahead of you, as you need to repopulate the data folder before your scenes will ever work again.