Was I dreaming?

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,469
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I thought that I saw a good sale on "M5 Base" this holiday weekend. But now I can't find it. Was I dreaming?

I've finally decided to try Studio4 again (4.5) so I was going through my collection of Genesis and other items for Studio4 and discovered that I never actually purchased Michael5 Base. I want to throw some money DAZ's way but the store and forum issues thwarted me last night and this morning and now I can't find any sort of sale on M5 Base.

Somebody pinch me.

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

It's part of the BOGO. M5 is in the buy one section. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,469
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... OK, thank you. Found it in that category but it's still $39. :-(
    I was sure I'd seen it my price range for something like $24.

Sigh. Oh well! I'll just get along without him. Don't need to spend money anyway. It's a bad habit. 8-o

edited January 2013

Ooh, ooh, found it! I went through my e-mail and found an announcement that said because I had already purchased M3 and M4 that I was entitled to get M5 for only $15.98 by using the coupon through the end of the month (today). Yea!

And I'm even more flabbergasted that the store didn't vomit on me at the last moment. Now if I can just get the download to work without issue I'll add M5 to my stable.

OK, got it downloaded. I run primarily Studio3 but am once again trying to find some use for Studio4. However, what's this new download type called "DSON"???? I understand "Legacy" and "Poser Companion" but what is "DSON"? Guess you can tell I haven't bought much lately. Especially in the Genesis/Studio4 categories.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Ooh, ooh, found it! I went through my e-mail and found an announcement that said because I had already purchased M3 and M4 that I was entitled to get M5 for only $15.98 by using the coupon through the end of the month (today). Yea!

And I'm even more flabbergasted that the store didn't vomit on me at the last moment. Now if I can just get the download to work without issue I'll add M5 to my stable.

OK, got it downloaded. I run primarily Studio3 but am once again trying to find some use for Studio4. However, what's this new download type called "DSON"???? I understand "Legacy" and "Poser Companion" but what is "DSON"? Guess you can tell I haven't bought much lately. Expecially in the Genesis/Studio4 categories.

Dson Core is the files you use with DS4.5

edited January 2013

Pendraia said:

OK, got it downloaded. I run primarily Studio3 but am once again trying to find some use for Studio4. However, what's this new download type called "DSON"???? I understand "Legacy" and "Poser Companion" but what is "DSON"? Guess you can tell I haven't bought much lately. Expecially in the Genesis/Studio4 categories.

Thank you! :-)

I'm not a regular reader of the forums anymore (I found my life) but I have picked up on the idea that Studio4.5 is a rather different beast than earlier versions of Studio4. But, but, does that mean that I must use DSON files in Studio4.5??? What happens if I don't? What advantage do DSON files have? I'm soooo confuuuused! :-(

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Thank you! :-)

I'm not a regular reader of the forums anymore (I found my life) but I have picked up on the idea that Studio4.5 is a rather different beast that earlier versions of Studio4. But, but, does that mean that I must use DSON files in Studio4.5??? What happens if I don't? What advantage do DSON files have? I'm soooo confuuuused! :-(

Congrats on finding your life hold on tight or it may escape ; )

I may not be the best person to answer this, but here goes. Studio still uses all the other files still so you can still use your other items.

My understanding is that DSON allows you to use genesis in Poser. Iirc it also allows you to save a scene file and if you provide the scene file to someone else they can open it and it will find the stuff in the scene and open it for them. This allows people to work on projects together or if someone is having a problem help them with it.

I don't know how it goes if you have your runtime is in a different spot. I'm still coming to grips with it myself so I hope that I'm not leading you astray. Maybe someone like Richard will drop in and confirm or otherwise my comments.