Happy New Year and Good-bye!

ObsidianpoetObsidianpoet Posts: 95
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just wanted to stop by and say Happy New Year! And also good-bye. In a few hours my PC membership expires. With DAZ's push towards Genesis and me having owned most of the V4 stuff I could get through the PC part I am not renewing this year....so it is doubtful that I shall return to the forums at all. I stuck through the last two PC club sales that were less than lackluster for us V4 users and that is part of the reason I waited until now to make my decision. I know you can bring Genesis into Poser, but that seems like a lot of work. I'm still learning how to make art so I don't need any added issues.

I did want to let people here know how much I have appreciated the help at times I have gotten and the great sales of the past. I am moving on to more Poser oriented sites. Not because Poser is better than Studio as is often mistaken for the reason...but rather it is because Poser just renders faster for me and with Poser Pro 2012 I just prefer the way the renders look. I don't know if developers can ever get the 64 bit version of Studio to render quick for me, but for me Poser just offers more at this time. It wasn't always like that. The D3 I had rendered very quick at times and I did like it better than Poser 7...but that all has changed for whatever reason. Poser likes V4 and I like V4...so it boils down to how much money you have to spend on memberships to places and what you can get for that membership price. To tell the truth I have not been happy with the new website and the new changes that have been made over the last year here.

It was a great run though while it lasted and I'm really glad I came here and learned. If it was not for Studio and the free V4 I may not have ever gotten decent in rendered art because I didn't have 500 dollars to blow on a program I didn't know how to use. I still tell people to come over here and get the program to try it out as long as it is free. It's a great tool to be able to get. I hope you all continue giving the program away for free so new people who want to try it can.

Thus I have completed my last downloads with my last PC coupon and am now signing off. I wish you all a Happy New Year full of prosperity and beautiful renders!

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Happy New year to you also...good luck with your art! Remember it's not what you render with but the art you create that's important...I'm sure you'll be missed.

Hugs

Pen