Possible for Mil4 (V4/M4/S4) expressions to work on Genesis?

AnIronButterflyAnIronButterfly Posts: 252

I've hunted around in the forums with the search feature, but haven't found anything related to this:
Is it possible to get Mil4 expressions (IE: V4/M4/S4) to work on the Genesis figure?

I -have- ported over the Mil4 base and morphs++ for M4/V4 with Generation X.
I have the V4/M4/S4 legacy shapes installed.

The poses for Mil4/Gen4 characters work pretty well on Genesis (and related subforms like M5,
S5, V5 etc). So, it's kinda surprising to me that the expressions don't work...at all!

Anyone else run into this as well?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

Only by converting the Gen 4 expressions and the expression poses with GenX, as far as I know.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

The Pose files are looking for a bone so it doesn't really matter if it's a Poser Figure or Genesis you apply it to, if the bone names match then they will work.

Morphs are different, a FC2 or PZ2 is looking for a "valueParm" and/or a "targetGeom" to apply it's changes to, a Poser figure is full of them as those are what makes up it's morph channels, Genesis doesn't have either of those in it's morphs so there is nothing for the Poser format files to be applied to.

• AnIronButterflyAnIronButterfly Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Thanks...I guess I'm going to be doing a little testing and working with stuff, and the expressions I'm looking at are the FC2 variety...