Nothing to see here!

2»

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Actually, nothing is an illusion. It's not real. it does not exist. ...

Hmmm..., if nothing is an illusion that implies that everything is real, including nothing. Hmmm...

Nothing is real, therefor everything is unreal. Awesomeness is an Unreal Ideal and abandonment is not an option as nothing cannot be abandoned because it will always stay with you...

Do I make myself clear?

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Nothing does not exist because something could not come from nothing.
    Everything is something, therefore nothing is nothing at all.
    Even when something goes away it does not become nothing, it becomes something else.
    So nothing never existed. Nothing has always been something.
    Did that mean something or was this all for nothing.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Oh lots of somethings come from nothing! Called 'dust'.
    Dust from which man was made, and unto which man doth return.
    And in the corners and under the beds, are the comings and goings of many a man :-)

Then there was created, the vacuum cleaner.
    "Dust" created the vacuum cleaner.
    Great illustration of man's desire to be nothing.
    Of his suicidal tendencies.
    Or his feelings of inadequacy until he accepts that no, the dust did not make itself. And nothing can do nothing. Outside of nothing was something, that took the nothing, made the dust, created man with dust ... and breathed life into it. And while the dust doth return to dust, the life within lasts forever.

edited December 1969

Oh lots of somethings come from nothing! Called 'dust'.
    Dust from which man was made, and unto which man doth return.
    And in the corners and under the beds, are the comings and goings of many a man :-)

Then there was created, the vacuum cleaner.
    "Dust" created the vacuum cleaner.
    Great illustration of man's desire to be nothing.
    Of his suicidal tendencies.
    Or his feelings of inadequacy until he accepts that no, the dust did not make itself. And nothing can do nothing. Outside of nothing was something, that took the nothing, made the dust, created man with dust ... and breathed life into it. And while the dust doth return to dust, the life within lasts forever.

I beg to differ. Dust is something. It dust were nothing we wouldn't be able to see it and it wouldn't have a name. There may be some homes that you may not see dust in, but it's there and if you took a white glove that was wrapped around a hand with the hand being on the inside of said glove, then you took the index finger that was snugly fit into the index finger portion of the glove and slid said index finger of the glove on the top of the trim of any doorway then looked at said index finger of the glove, what would you see, you would see something and that something is called dust.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

? thought that's what I said. Dust is something that's made from nothing ... lots of it ... all over the place. Grows in basements too :-)

And then there's dog hair ... but that cometh from the dog. Lots of it too. Leaves one lots of time with "nothing to do but vacuum"!

edit: Possibly nothing is that vacuum in space aka black hole.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

The odd thing about Paradoxes are that they can contain yet another Paradox. So are we in the first paradox or another paradox that was paradoxically spawned by the paradox of the first paradox? If this is in fact a Paradox. It's a paradox isn't it?

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Right, just the same as the 'short and long candle paradox' isn't it ?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

...there is no nothing.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,009
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...there is no nothing.

And absolute vacuums totally suck.
    edited December 1969

? thought that's what I said. Dust is something that's made from nothing ... lots of it ... all over the place. Grows in basements too :-)

And then there's dog hair ... but that cometh from the dog. Lots of it too. Leaves one lots of time with "nothing to do but vacuum"!

edit: Possibly nothing is that vacuum in space aka black hole.

I apologize, I misunderstood. My wife has to smack me upside the head sometimes to get me to think straight, or at least that's why she says she smacks me upside the head for. Uhmmm ... I wonder .... you think maybe she just likes smacking me upside the head?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

...at least she doesn't do it with a pair of herring or a 5 kilo red grouper.