Mountain Lodge

Hi. There is any interior that match with this product?

pd. Why most of the times the vendors publish incomplete things? I mean, They sell a house but not the interior of the house. Or they sell a sky outfit but not the skies (just a example)

Thanks

Comments

• FaveralFaveral Posts: 415

Hi,

No, there is no matching interior. There are two reasons why buildings usually don't have interiors built in.

One is the file size... This mountain lodge for example is close to 750,000 polygons without the trees. Creating a detailed interior would easily double this size, and make it totally impractical to navigate in the scene. (as it is with all the plants, it's already stretching it)

Two, is that setting up a camera in tight places, as would be the case here if there was an interior, is very difficult, it requires very large camera angles which make any render pretty ugly.

Interiors in 3d are better done as a movie studio set or a stage would be, where the camera isn't constrained to actual walls. That's why you'll see most interior sets have removable walls, so you can pull the camera out and have camera shots with narrower angles (no fish eye effect)

It's much better in my view to have nice detailled outsides for outdoors shots, and practical interiors for indoors shots, rather than trying to cram both together and make it impractical both for outdoors and indoors shots

• I like the look of the lodge, but without an interior I'll probably pass on it.  Having an amazing exterior doesn't do me much good if I can't look through the window.

• I'm agreed with thistledownsname. All the complete sets with exteriors, interiors and (if possible) an environment around them like the Mountain Lodge is a must buy for me (and for many others for sure too). Knowing all the negative things I prefer a complete scene yes

Many thanks for your response Feveral! smiley

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,057
    edited January 2017

well Kelly lodge by Faveral is a start for an awesome interior for it and there is no reason you could not make a window seethrough with a shader, remove a wall from that set and sit it behind it for an outside render if your computer can handle it!!

http://www.daz3d.com/kelly-lodge

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited January 2017

the explorers den is another

http://www.daz3d.com/explorer-s-den

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Well, those who only buy the complete thing are certainly willing to add another 40-50 bucks to pay for the extra time it would need to make such a set. You'd also need to split it up the structure; with the geometry and texture, it will be a lot to handle for most users...

so, I tend to agree with Faveral, and 3digit... Using specialized sets is a much more flexible way.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,924

I love the Mountain Lodge and I think Faveral did an excellent, as always, job on it. Beautifully crafted.

• well Kelly lodge by Faveral is a start for an awesome interior for it and there is no reason you could not make a window seethrough with a shader, remove a wall from that set and sit it behind it for an outside render if your computer can handle it!!

Those environments you provide doesn't match with the montain lounge. Many of us don't make a living of 3d. That's why I look for a complete set. Ready to render. You can't lose time in a hectic life. Also, I'm a newbie. Thanks for comment the3Ddigit

• BeeMKay said:

Well, those who only buy the complete thing are certainly willing to add another 40-50 bucks to pay for the extra time it would need to make such a set. You'd also need to split it up the structure; with the geometry and texture, it will be a lot to handle for most users...

so, I tend to agree with Faveral, and 3digit... Using specialized sets is a much more flexible way.

Yes, that's the worse thing about making a complete set according with what Feveral said. It would be a lot to handle for most users but... Why do they don't make a separate product of a matching interior then? crying

well Kelly lodge by Faveral is a start for an awesome interior for it and there is no reason you could not make a window seethrough with a shader, remove a wall from that set and sit it behind it for an outside render if your computer can handle it!!

Those environments you provide doesn't match with the montain lounge. Many of us don't make a living of 3d. That's why I look for a complete set. Ready to render. You can't lose time in a hectic life. Also, I'm a newbie. Thanks for comment the3Ddigit

those sets are by the same PA

I am just a user like you, just not a n00b

• FaveralFaveral Posts: 415

I might do a lodge interior later on, I've been wanting to do it for a while.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    Faveral said:

Excellent idea but please don't make it look too modern inside.  I do mostly fantasy renders so something that looks like it belongs in the 20th century is of little interest to me.

Cheers,

Alex.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    Faveral said:

Excellent idea but please don't make it look too modern inside.  I do mostly fantasy renders so something that looks like it belongs in the 20th century is of little interest to me.

Cheers,

Alex.

Well, there could always be two sets, for different time zones. wink

• Please make the interior look modern :D 

• Please make the interior look modern :D 

+1

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    edited January 2017

I am rendering my first scenes with this set now and WOW! It is truly beautiful and inspiring!  I *might* be interested in a separate set for the interior - I can understand people wanting an old style, but myself, I'd prefer Alaskan hunting lodge kind of style myself. I have a pretty beefy machine (Alienware Gaming Specs desktop rig with a GTX 980Ti) and it is giving it a run for the money.  But I don't care - it is SO worth it!  Just WOW!  Thanks for this beauty! 

[edited for stupid typos]

Also, putting the viewport in Lit Wireframe mode and turning off ALL the trees while moving around the scene helps TREMENDOUSLY!   Just turn 'em back on and hit render! 

Post edited by Gogger on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Alot of the South Beach Deco interiors would would with as-is or with a bit of retexturing using Mec4D's iRay Texture Shaders presets vol 2. That are also PC+ so affordable to buy them all and see which ones work best.

There are also various other interiors in the PC+ club and many with a typical modern IKEA Designer look. You just have to search for them and buy the ones you like.

• Faveral said:

Yay!

edited April 2017

I bought this yesterday and no way could you add an interior and render it with iray cheeky

Octane 2 plugin copes nicely and its an instant appearance instanced trees and all

but iray goes to CPU on my 980ti and freezes up my PC

so to those wanting an interior you better have a rack of multiple GTX1080ti's or TITAN X's

Mountain Lodge Or4DS.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    I wanted to say, I love your stuff, Faveral, and wish my budget could afford more of it. You do quality work.

My 2 cents for an interior: since lodges like this can be originally built in the 1920's or 19th century, it could work for fantasy, and some modern props would make it usable for contemporary too. Some texture options could make it more modern or medieval. Everybody will be happy.

• th3Digit said:

I bought this yesterday and no way could you add an interior and render it with iray cheeky

Octane 2 plugin copes nicely and its an instant appearance instanced trees and all

but iray goes to CPU on my 980ti and freezes up my PC

so to those wanting an interior you better have a rack of multiple GTX1080ti's or TITAN X's

My i7 can handle it easily. No joke

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited May 2023

Do the doors & windows open/close? 

As in are they posable.

Post edited by Mouser on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Mouser said:

Do the doors & windows open/close? 

As in are they posable.

Nothing is posable. There are no distinct geometry sections to isolate to use, say, Mesh Grabber, or D-Formers. All Surfaces are combined by material type (Bricks, Glass, Wood1, Wood2, etc.) You would have to define new Surfaces and/or Face groups to manipulate.