Is it just me, or is the store wonky today?

DamselDamsel Posts: 382
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Tried to drop by the store, being a compulsive sort of idiot, and all I get is a strange looking list of links that supposedly lead to the store's parts. Plain text thing. Whazzat? Does anybody else have that problem?

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Hey Damsel, I just checked and had no problem getting the store to load properly in my browser.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,730
    edited December 1969

As always, just a caching issue from them doing updates. try logging out and in again and doing a refresh, works for me.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

today its all you, the rest of the time its wonky its someone elses fault, but today its you

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

today its all you, the rest of the time its wonky its someone elses fault, but today its you

lol...fine for me also Damsel!

• khabal_14a4d05d9ekhabal_14a4d05d9e Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Damsel said:
    Tried to drop by the store, being a compulsive sort of idiot, and all I get is a strange looking list of links that supposedly lead to the store's parts. Plain text thing. Whazzat? Does anybody else have that problem?

Not just you. I'm seeing the same issue, whether I'm logged into the site or not. Forums appear fine, store is just hosed.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Clear cache, do a hard refresh.

• khabal_14a4d05d9ekhabal_14a4d05d9e Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Clear cache, do a hard refresh.

Hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) worked. Thanks :)
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I purchased V5 Elite Texture Nichole this morning and did not get an Order Confirmation email, but this afternoon I purchased the free boots and did get an Order Confirmation. It seems that when DAZ fixes certain things, like being able to see the download progress and the download speeds being back to normal, then other things get a bit goofy for a few days until they figure out what screwed what up. I'll probably have to put in a support ticket to get my Order Confirmation for the Elite Texture. Pure speculation on my part though. I probably lost all ability to communicate while the email was in transit which then zapped the email into hyperspace where it will drift for all eternity.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Store's acting up for me too now.

• beregarberegar Posts: 269
    edited December 1969

And me. I can access forums and I can access the front page but I can't access any product pages without the site turning into a page filled with text links. Clearing cache and restarting firefox doesn't do anything. Happens with internet exploder too.

edited January 2013

Hard refresh. Either Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+R or Shift+Browser Refresh Button

Post edited by Chohole on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

I think there was another thread about this site's issues but I can't find it. Hopefully Daz will fix the store before the current sales end. I gotta go finish some chores. Bye

• TLTJadeTLTJade Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Store's wonky as all get out for me and has been for two days. After the funky text link page, it's not showing my PC discount--PC items and freebie all showing at full prices and many "sale" items not showing a discount, either.

Hard refresh didn't work, neither did clearing the cache. Ticket submitted.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
    edited December 1969

Im trying to make a purchase using my store credit and keep getting "Cannot retrieve payment method instance" error.
    This type of crap has been going on FAR too long! Sheesh!

-MJ

• rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited January 2013

Store still screwed..clearing cache has done nothing for me, hasn't worked for last 3 days. Even clicking on the links in the text page everyone seems to get takes me absolutely no where :( I guess DAZ is so overwhelmed with customers, it no longer wants my money. :( I think I'll be doing all my purchases over at Rederosity in the future....

Post edited by rgrinly_3c04c79a1b on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    Im trying to make a purchase using my store credit and keep getting "Cannot retrieve payment method instance" error.
    This type of crap has been going on FAR too long! Sheesh!

-MJ

I had the same problem the other day trying to purchase a free item

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,283
    edited December 1969

Store has been refusing to let me see the thumbnails since yesterday afternoon. Can get to the store page, can put a product in my cart. Can't click on the promo to get a closer look at anything. The cursor turns into a link icon, but it won't take me to the link.

Not conducive to sales unless you've either got a really good front promo, or it's a product with a preview thread.

• TLTJadeTLTJade Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Store now working for me as a result of my ticket (there'd been an error Daz-side that wasn't showing me any discounts on anything).

I still get the occasional "cannot retrieve payment method" or text links page randomly, but I clear the cache or try back later. New Year, old Magento glitches. :D

edited December 1969

I am still getting this "Cannot retrieve payment method instance" error. Ive tried on 3 different machines, 2 browsers, and the Cntl-F5 doesnt clear this up. I appear to be the only one having this issue as no one else is reporting this. Is this something the Daz Admins here can address or something?

Please advise.

-MJ

edited December 1969

What is it you are trying to purchase, and what payment method is throwing up the error. I get it when trying to use Store credit on certain items.

edited December 1969

I am trying to purchase a gift card using store credit.

-MJ

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

That was disabled when there was a discount on GCs, otherwise repeatedly buying a new GC with the old would have been a way to build up a large stack of free credit. It hasn't yet been restored, I don't know whether it will be.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

That was disabled when there was a discount on GCs, otherwise repeatedly buying a new GC with the old would have been a way to build up a large stack of free credit. It hasn't yet been restored, I don't know whether it will be.

Now I didn't even think of that. Maybe it's because I'm an honest person. Either way I still feel stupid for not thinking of it.

edited December 1969

Well since that promotion is over, that functionality needs to be restored. What is my recourse? Contacting Sales?

-MJ

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

Yes, though it will probably be something that needs to be passed up the chain.