Stalling Downloads from Downloadable Products in My Account...

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

uhg... I have a few items I have not been able to download simply because of the stalling download. This has been a problem for a while for me, and I'm wondering if it's only me. I consistently have to reset my downloads in order to get an item... but now I'm having to reset twice and I still don't have my item...

is this only me or is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,934
    edited December 1969

No issues here.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

:( I guess it's my connection... :( oh well...

edited December 1969

durn it, how come I can download from anywhere, just not DAZ?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,905
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    uhg... I have a few items I have not been able to download simply because of the stalling download. This has been a problem for a while for me, and I'm wondering if it's only me. I consistently have to reset my downloads in order to get an item... but now I'm having to reset twice and I still don't have my item...

is this only me or is anyone else having this issue?

When you reset an item, the download page should load with a "Your downloads for that item have been reset." note on top of the page, and the item you reset should be listed on top of the file list. Does it do that, but without showing the item you reset?

edited December 1969

The items reset fine. What happens is they'll go maybe 10mb, then quit downloading through ten or fifteen tries.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,905
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    The items reset fine. What happens is they'll go maybe 10mb, then quit downloading through ten or fifteen tries.

OK. You could try some of the tools here, maybe they can give a clue about what's wrong:

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

edited January 2013

I'm on the Livermore Public Library wifi http://www.cityoflivermore.net/citygov/lib/default.asp which shows 54mbps. The test from the Washington DC Comcast shows 4272kbps Download Speed, 2004kbps upload and latency of 106ms. http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?flash=1

I have no problems downloading from any place but DAZ3D... :( and I can download resource files, such as texture templates from the available links just fine. It's only My Downloadable Products that give me issues.

Post edited by wancow on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

A quick question . . . when you say it "stalls" do you mean it just freezes, or the browser download window also closes? I ask because I had a similar problem to the former, though not here at DAZ, and I found that if I "paused" the download for about 10 seconds and then "resumed" it, it would then finish the rest of the download without a problem.

edited January 2013

it simply stops downloading, and won't start again... I'll try the pause. I'm using GoogleChrome, but I tried MSIE and had the same issue. The pause button always got disabled when it stopped in MSIE...

Nope... in Chrome, at least, if I pause it, it won't resume... :(

Post edited by wancow on