Itemized Order History Search URGENT

RowlandoRowlando Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I find it really stupid that customers cannot search for their products by name or even date, it is really frustrating.

I need this issue fixed before I can trust any future purchases.

Daz can build great 3d models but epic FAIL when it comes to customers whom they need to keep, going.

I want to use dson-importer-for-poser and related files, I need to reset these in my Order History, and I cannot find them to reset.

I also do not want to mess around trying to do something that should be simple.

I believe all purchasers need a good database of all downloads with ability to locate them, but if they need to be reset for example even this would not work.

I am very disappointed so I have to shelve the Genisis products until this Issue is fixed. OR OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT AND RE-BUY never.

Sorry for the rant but this unprofessional system needs urgent attention.

Rowlando

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,730
    edited December 1969

While I agree it is an inconvenience, it's not the end of the world and the only thing stopping you from resetting and re-downloading your products is you.
    In all seriousness DAZ has us all spoiled with being able to reset items on a whim. If most backed up their files like they should, the only issues we would have would be updates.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

While I agree it is an inconvenience, it's not the end of the world and the only thing stopping you from resetting and re-downloading your products is you.
    In all seriousness DAZ has us all spoiled with being able to reset items on a whim. If most backed up their files like they should, the only issues we would have would be updates.

That feels a bit harsh.

Without the ability to tell us whether we've already purchased something, the least DAZ could do is allow better sorting of the item history and/or a search function.

The History Manager by Taozen is a huge help. http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

• RowlandoRowlando Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes I agree, but the point of difference in any business is things like being able to search your purchases this is what attracts users.

If all we do is make excuses for things that are not working properly, then continuous improvements would never happen ie we would not have Genesis products wed still be messing around with V1.

I do not accept poor product service when it is clearly understood and can be fixed. Perhaps others are happy with things going backwards and happy to accept less services, I am not.

I am also not prepared deal with a business that would not improve its systems for its customers. Unless someone has a solution to my issue. There is no response to made.

My hope is that DAZ itself might see the need to rebuild systems it once offered. I have spent a lot of money on Daz products over the years.

Lets see what happens.

• RowlandoRowlando Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Spit

Thanks for the link, I will use it. I have not given up just wanted to complain cheers Rowlando

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited January 2013

Rowlando said:
    Yes I agree, but the point of difference in any business is things like being able to search your purchases this is what attracts users.

Do you know I've seen threads on this many times and never really thought about it properly. Maybe because I've shopped at rendo a couple of times recently and was considering a purchase at RDNA today I did. I don't think either of these sites lets you search your order history.
    I just checked at RDNA and the only search is time based as in did you purchase it this month or earlier.

Rendo gives you a list of orders and they don't even have the items listed until you go into the order.(just checked)

It's never bothered me at either of these sites simply because I don't order that much from either of them.
    I *blush* have over 2500 items that I have bought from DAZ in seven years...I think the reason that people place this expectation on DAZ to provide a searchable order history is simply because so many of us buy such a huge amount of stuff here.

If I'm buying something and I think that I may have bought it before I check. I can generally get there within 5 clicks by using the dots and changing the page to 50/page. Yes it's frustrating and I miss the store telling me if I'd purchased before but you know, I remember even with that I still had duplicate purchases. Generally because I had bought stuff in a bundle.

I actually download everything I order within a week at the most and I store the zips on a separate hard drive to my runtime. But I really should back it up also to another hard drive. I hate to think what it would be like if I had to redownload it all.

I think the point is that the expectations that we place on DAZ are sometimes higher and clouded by an emotional attachment that we have to the company. We see them as a part of ourselves and not a company. For some reason 'Stockholm syndrome' just popped into my mind. No idea why...lol

Some companies, not naming any names charge you a fee if you want the product to be redownloadable after a certain amount of time. I'm so used to DAZ and their policies that I had to think about this when ordering elsewhere recently and ask myself was it a good idea to buy from this vendor.

Is there a point to my post...I'm not sure it could just be my brain is still fried from the heat. Maybe just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Hugs

Pen

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Rowlando said:

Do you know I've seen threads on this many times and never really thought about it properly. Maybe because I've shopped at rendo a couple of times recently and was considering a purchase at RDNA today I did. I don't think either of these sites lets you search your order history.
    I just checked at RDNA and the only search is time based as in did you purchase it this month or earlier.

Rendo gives you a list of orders and they don't even have the items listed until you go into the order.(just checked)...
    Um, Pen...

... perhaps you should look a little more closely at the Rendo features <(^.^). The default view is the Order List, however, the menu option at the top will give you your tabular Item List (INCLUDING download link _filenames_):</p>

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/account.php?ItemList=Y

... and said Item List can be sorted on Purchase Date or the Updated Date (but unfortunately not by item name or order#)...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/account.php?ItemList=Y&DateDesc=Y
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/account.php?ItemList=Y&Updated=Y

... AND you can search your purchase list on either Item Name (box at the top), OR (and this is the bit I really really love) filter by Vendor - so when you're looking at some sale for a particular vendor, you can quickly see what items you've purchased from that specific vendor.

Heading towards 2k RMP items... and I find these features invaluable. Heading towards 4k DAZ items, and ... well... yeah - without Taozen's help (an external 3rd party)... I'd have to just stop shopping here v(~_~)v.

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Pendraia said:
    Rowlando said:

Rendo gives you a list of orders and they don't even have the items listed until you go into the order.(just checked)...

Um, Pen...

... perhaps you should look a little more closely at the Rendo features <(^.^). The default view is the Order List, however, the menu option at the top will give you your tabular Item List (INCLUDING download link _filenames_):</p>

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/account.php?ItemList=Y

... and said Item List can be sorted on Purchase Date or the Updated Date (but unfortunately not by item name or order#)...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/account.php?ItemList=Y&DateDesc=Y
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/account.php?ItemList=Y&Updated=Y

... AND you can search your purchase list on either Item Name (box at the top), OR (and this is the bit I really really love) filter by Vendor - so when you're looking at some sale for a particular vendor, you can quickly see what items you've purchased from that specific vendor.

Heading towards 2k RMP items... and I find these features invaluable. Heading towards 4k DAZ items, and ... well... yeah - without Taozen's help (an external 3rd party)... I'd have to just stop shopping here v(~_~)v.

lol Hmm...well I did say my brain was fried in my post, but I never knew you could do that. Thanks...I have major problems navigating around rendo and I'm not sure how you changed what I normally see to that. All I can say is wow! I obviously never needed to search over there as I have a measly two pages.

Having said that...the rest of what I said still holds for me.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    ... Having said that...the rest of what I said still holds for me.

Yep, I do agree with the rest of what you said - just couldn't let that initial comment slide (as I'd very much like some (all) of those features to make their way over here ^_^).
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Pendraia said:
    ... Having said that...the rest of what I said still holds for me.

Yep, I do agree with the rest of what you said - just couldn't let that initial comment slide (as I'd very much like some (all) of those features to make their way over here ^_^).

Fair enough...; )

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

Although I do love the ability to search by date, vendor, etc., it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either way. My first priority is whether there are products that either suit my vision at the moment or inspire me. My second concern is quality. OK, well maybe price goes in there too! I shop a lot of sites, and not all of them retain the products for download forever. I figure that's my job anyway. I download my purchases immediately and backup my downloads and my daz document folder frequently. I appreciate that vendors retain our orders, but on the other hand, sometimes they update a product to a format that's not suitable if you haven't updated your software accordingly . . .

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Pendraea, the reason I complained about the item list is precisely because DAZ does not let us know if we've purchased already. Both Rendo and RDNA do that and DAZ used to. If DAZ warned us it wouldn't matter as much.

Oh, and RDNA has an advanced search which is rarely necessary but I had to use it a few weeks ago.

edited January 2013

Spit said:
    Pendraea, the reason I complained about the item list is precisely because DAZ does not let us know if we've purchased already. Both Rendo and RDNA do that and DAZ used to. If DAZ warned us it wouldn't matter as much.

Oh, and RDNA has an advanced search which is rarely necessary but I had to use it a few weeks ago.

It's never bothered me at either of these sites simply because I don't order that much from either of them.
    I *blush* have over 2500 items that I have bought from DAZ in seven years...I think the reason that people place this expectation on DAZ to provide a searchable order history is simply because so many of us buy such a huge amount of stuff here.

If I'm buying something and I think that I may have bought it before I check. I can generally get there within 5 clicks by using the dots and changing the page to 50/page. Yes it's frustrating and I miss the store telling me if I'd purchased before but you know, I remember even with that I still had duplicate purchases. Generally because I had bought stuff in a bundle.
    Is there a point to my post...I'm not sure it could just be my brain is still fried from the heat. Maybe just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Hugs

Pen

Please look at my response above in regard to Rendo's search...in regard to the other part I've reposted what I said earlier as it says how I feel.

Everyone will have a different opinion on this that's okay...we all have different needs and different ways of approaching things.

Post edited by Pendraia on