morph on both sides

JigSaw73JigSaw73 Posts: 80

So I downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5 and I was using the DForm tool to morph the Genesis model but I can NOT for the life of me figure out how to get it to "mirror" what I am doing from one side of the model to the other. What am I doing wrong (or not doing right)?

I can morph just fine (arm, leg, breast, butt...whatever) on the left side of the model but how do i get it to mirror my actions, specifically the morph, on the right side? I am even able to save the morph and set-up the slider...no problem...but only one-sided.

I tried using the SYMMETRY dialogue, but no luck. I don't understand how to use it. I can only figure out how to make a pose symmetrical (move the left arm, Shift+Y, set it to ROOT, set to RECURSIVE, set Direction to "left to right", set Trunk Nodes to "Mirror Y/Z Rotations" and click ACCEPT...works for the pose).

Doesn't seem to work on the MORPHs though...at least I can't get it to work. I would like to set up morphs so they are mirrored. So if I morph the left bicep for example, the right bicep uses the same morph and each body part will have 3 morphs; (1)left bicep, (2)right bicep, (3)biceps (both at the same time) for example.

I tried GOOGLE searches, YouTube searches and forum searches but no luck. I'm just not finding the information I'm looking for. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

~angel

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited January 2013

You have to create an equal but opposite DForm on the other side. If you are serious about creating morphs you should try a modeling program that can do symmetry, like Blender.

Post edited by jestmart on
  • JigSaw73JigSaw73 Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

so it is always done manually?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

There was a free script to mirror DForms, check the index of free scripts thread in the DAZ Studio Freepozitory at forumarchive.daz3d.com . You can also manually mirror a DForm by copying the original's settings, then reversing the translation along the mirror axis (plus to minus, minus to plus) and the rotations about the other two axes (so reverse the x translation and the y and z rotations for a left/right mirroring).

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Here's the thread for the mirror dform script

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=1364359#1364359

And the script is located on 4shared, which now require registration...

• JigSaw73JigSaw73 Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

Thanks mjc1016 I'm going to download now! Appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone else for the quick replies. Richard, this morning I manually input the deformation settings on another DForm of the right-side to mirror the first on the left-side. Worked great; thanks for the tip.

~angel