DAZ Users getting shorted vs Poser

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
edited January 2013 in The Commons

Over the past year I've seen a lot of complaining from Poser users about how they don't get treated properly but I haven't seen one DS user complain about the very legitimate complaint that cameras, lights, textures etc.. are all set up for Poser, not DS typically. Unless an item specifically says it has DS cameras, lights, or mats, guess what... they're not. How many people who get 'better results from poser' are actually doing so because of this. It's a bit frustrating sometimes to be treated as a second class citizen by the very company who's product you use but who favor's another companies software over their own (and before the whole PA argument starts about this, I am speaking of DAZ originals.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Over the past year I've seen a lot of complaining from Poser users about how they don't get treated properly but I haven't seen one DS user complain about the very legitimate complaint that cameras, lights, textures etc.. are all set up for Poser, not DS typically. Unless an item specifically says it has DS cameras, lights, or mats, guess what... they're not. How many people who get 'better results from poser' are actually doing so because of this. It's a bit frustrating sometimes to be treated as a second class citizen by the very company who's product you use but who favor's another companies software over their own (and before the whole PA argument starts about this, I am speaking of DAZ originals.)

I can see you haven't been here that long. At one point in time, there were quite a few DS customers complaining about the issues you're talking about. They complained because it is an annoying problem.

Things have improved. If you check out Renderosity, more items are coming DAZ compatible.
    As far as Daz originals goes, most of those are DAZ compatible.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2013

I'm not talking about DAZ compatible. I'm talking about cameras that don't have proper DOF set because they were made for poser, materials which look like cheep plastic instead of leather because all of the settings are for Poser, etc. etc, etc

I don't want DAZ compatible products being sold to me as a DAZ original for use in DS. I want a DAZ optimized product where the cameras, textures, etc.. are all properly set up for use in DS. DAZ compatible is a euphamism for 'it will work sort of, but not everything will be as advertised.'

And, I've been here long enough to figure this out, which unfortunately many customers haven't, and can't understand why their products look so far off the promo images. Many assume it is their lack of skill, which technically with more skill they could 'fix' it, but they shouldn't have to.

As for it being an annoying problem. I think thinking that is part of the problem. It is more than an annoying problem imo. It is my belief that it probably severely impacts the market share for DS products as people come, try to work with things, get discouraged and give up. Every customer who gives up for this reason is an income stream lost for DAZ and the PA's.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

The UM (United Moderators) blue helmets are locking this thread as part of their peacekeeping duties. Thank you for not setting fire to the scenery.

This discussion has been closed.