Probably a dumb question but ...

greatoneasgreatoneas Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, more than one dumb question.

I'm not learning 3d art for games, So I don't plan on getting super creative with my people. I'm doing this so I can eventually create my own apocalypse book covers (I'm an indy author and I have paid a lot of money for artywork) So I'd like to one day do my own.

I don't have photoshop. I have the free ones. Gimp, Photo Filtre etc ...I'm pretty decent in those.

1. Is there a way to add make up and scars in DAZ or do I save the file and do it in an external program?

2. When I create a scene in Bryce how do I bring my model from DAZ into Bryce? or do I bring the scene into DAZ from Bryce?

3. How do I save just the model? I saved the last one I did, but when I pulled her back up, she was naked.

THANKS!!!!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

1. There are some (many) items in the Store to do makeup and scars on your figures. And it can also be done by you in Gimp or another prg if that is your choice. Just let us know which you prefer and we here can point you to both Items and tutorials you can use.

2. The Daz to Bryce Bridge is working very well in the new Free Versions (DS4.5 & B7Pro) Daz to Bryce is the best for me.

3. I do this to Save my Full Characters. Save As Scene. I delete everything except my figure and it's items. Then I use Right Click Merge to bring them into any new Setting I need to use them in.

I hope this helps and more is ready when you are.

• greatoneasgreatoneas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ill check out the store. But would I save the model as a bmp or png to work on it in another program?

Ill install the bridge! Thanks for getting back with some answers

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

1. Is there a way to add make up and scars in DAZ or do I save the file and do it in an external program?Daz actually has several tools which allow you to overlay scars and other wounds onto figures. The most obvious and easy to use is the Layered Image Editor. Simply click the square texture icon beside the 'Diffuse' color to add an additional layer to the texture. You can position it as needed on the face. It also means the wound textures need not be the same resolution as the texture you're using. You can similarly apply maps on the bump and displacement textures to give depth to the injury.

2. When I create a scene in Bryce how do I bring my model from DAZ into Bryce? or do I bring the scene into DAZ from Bryce?
    File -> Send to Bryce. It's really as simple as that. They're very compatible.

3. How do I save just the model? I saved the last one I did, but when I pulled her back up, she was naked.It depends how you save it. In Daz, simply saving the character as a scene is an easy way to keep character presets as it can merge them seamlessly into new scenes.