V5 Convert Clothes from V4

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So I took the plunge on v5...but so far any attempt to convert a v4 shirt has been met with a very tight spandex chest.

Other than the Clothing Cleavage Modifier, which my guess is that it may not be Carrara compatible. Is there a known option here, or it just to buy clothes for v5?

Also, since most clothes are made for Genesis, does this mean that even clothes made for Genesis...once V5 is applied, will have that same sticky spandex issue?

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Yes clothes have stick spandex issue very commonly. Cleavage modifier or manually correcting can help. I don't use Carrara so can't help there. But I can say it's a problem in general. Cleavage modifier is useful, but sometimes using deformers is needed (in daz studio).

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited December 1969

Actually I have a new product for that very thing. If you convert with the Transfer Utility first, you can use this and get proper bridging.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

Does it support Carrara, or after making this as shown, can it be used in Carrara?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Does it support Carrara, or after making this as shown, can it be used in Carrara?

Not on purpose. That is, I don't have Carrara, so I really have no idea; but if you can normally use Genesis clothes in Carrara, altering them with the Breast Fixer should not stop them working.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

OK, thanks anyway.

I wanted to take the time this weekend to really give Genesis and V5 a try, but working in Poser and Carrara...it really is not working out as I hoped. I did like some of the results in Daz Studio, but its not really my preference.

I wanted to give it a fair shake, with the sales, and the holidays, it gave me the opportunity. I can just do much more with V4 using Poser and Carrara.

In Daz Studio, I can see why people like it. :)

Thanks again. Maybe I'll give it another shot when there is a bigger market, and it is more widely fully supported.