Daz3 stopped adding content

Hi! Im hoping for some help please! my Daz3 suddenly stopped adding content a few weeks ago, it searches for content but doesnt add any, any ideas pleaseeeee, thank you!! :)

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Depends upon what you're trying to add. None of the D/S programs will show content that they can't load.
    The new content is not made for D/S3.

Also the new installers would not be installing to the same folder so check them. If something says "My Library", the contents need to be manually put into the correct folders. 'My Library" replaced the folder "Content".

• edited December 1969

Hi Patience, thanks for your reply! The stuff I am adding normally goes in as its a runtime, I know I cant use ds4 things in ds3 but these are things that should be "collected" in the search. :)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What items exactly are you installing, and to where exactly.

If it is being put into a runtime that DS3 already knows about, you should not need to do a search for content. Make sure that the runtime that you are installing the content to is listed in Edit > Preferences as a Poser runtime folder, in other words, make sure that the folder which 'holds' the runtime folder is listed as a Poser Formats folder.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

In your Explorer (Windows) or Finder (OSX), look at the directory you are putting the content into...a nested Runtime could cause the new content not to be found, among other possible problems.

• edited December 1969

Hi, thanks for the replies! I'm using the same content folder I have always used and to install the new items I have just brought example Aetheria for V4 over at rendo, normally once I have done the "search for content" the files show up in daz3, I have installed her and done the normal thing but nothing is being added into my daz, I also brought other things too that are compatable with daz3 & they dont go in either, hope I've explained myself ok! & yes I checked the directories are still in preferences.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have you checked the Runtime folder itself using Explorer to see if the items have installed, and have you checked for a nested runtime folder as mjc1016 has suggested?

The path that you give the installer must end in Content, and not Content/Runtime. If there is a folder called Runtime inside the Runtime folder, then DS3 wont see it, you will need to move it all up one level and merge it (assuming you are on a PC of course)

• edited December 1969

Hi Jimmy, yes I have checked to both of your ?s I've used ds3 for a few years and I've always installed things the same way, and they've always normally come up in the content search, until last week, then it just stopped, I have also tried reinstalling daz and thats not done anything its very frustrating! lol Again thanks for the replies!

• edited December 1969

Incase I havent explained it right...a content search in the Content Manager of DS3A is not finding anything installed recently, there are no nested runtimes, the files are going where they should.
    Anything installed prior to a week or so ago, shows up fine in the Content Manager Database.
    I was wondering could the database be corrupted? and can it be made to find newly installed content? please remember, this is DS3A, not DS4/4.5 ( which uses a totally different database) Thanks again for any help!! mxx

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

I have had my DS3A Database go bad before. It could be the problem, the bad news the only way to see if it is blown is to Move it to a safe place and the delete the old one DS reads. Then Run a search, which can take a very long time I'll add, then check to see if the Newest content showed up in the new search. If it does your golden. This really hurts me because I catagorize my items and it forces me to start over again.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

As Jaderail said, fixing the DS3 database isn't that hard...just time consuming, and if it's not nested Runtimes...that's probably the next most likely thing it could be.

• edited December 1969

Thanks mjc & jade for the replies, Oh my, that was my worst fear lol I too have spent years catagorising everything in my daz, and have had to redo everything twice when my computer crashed, it took a very very long time to get it back to how it was, there must be a way to fix this other than starting over again from scratch! I cant do that AGAIN! There must be a reason why it suddenly stopped working and a way to fix it pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Not having used said manager I don't know how to fix it but did find these links which may or not be of some help. I did not notice any reference to your situation though. There is some information about backing it up.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/

http://www.tall-tales-racing.com/img/daz/

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=90736

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=101939

script: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=98977

• edited December 1969

Thanks patience yes I did look around for others with the same problem, trust it to be just me! lol Oh i do hope someone can offer an idea other than having to readd my content, took me 5 days & nights last time as my putor kept crashing while doing it :'(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Go through Adamr001's tutorial for changing the paths for content in the database -- that shows you how to export and then import the data. Export the data, then reset the database and import it.