Dental Plan Render Contest (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,068
    edited January 2013

Guys just a friendly tip. Don't make the teeth too small in your renders. This competition is about the Dental Plan product and how it can be used. Some of these render are really great but it's hard to judge because I can't really see the teeth or the morphs used.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited January 2013

@Szark

Whoops, you are correct, sir. I'll make a revision today. Boy, I need new glasses...that was a pretty big mistake. Thank you Szark.

Post edited by peteVault on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Guys just a friendly tip. Don't make the teeth too small in your renders. This competition is about the Dental Plan product and how it can be used. Some of these render are really great but it's hard to judge because I can't really see the teeth or the morphs used.

Some of the submissions have the teeth as a small but vitally important element, and closing in would wreck the overall composition -- would submitting an additional detail render help? I realize that the point is to pimp the product, but it'd be a shame for renders that do a beautiful job of showing off how useful the product is to get downchecked because its not front'n'center.
    edited January 2013

Well this competition is about the teeth:) There are some renders where I cannot see the teeth at all. As long as I can see the teeth there are no problems:) I don't expect in your face renders, but I must be able to see what you have done:) Just makes things easier to judge. EG Pixel8ted's image isn't in your face, but I can see clearly what has been done with the teeth.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 593
    edited January 2013

Zev0 said:
    Well this competition is about the teeth:) There are some renders where I cannot see the teeth at all. As long as I can see the teeth there are no problems:) I don't expect in your face renders, but I must be able to see what you have done:) Just makes things easier to judge. EG Pixel8ted's image isn't in your face, but I can see clearly what has been done with the teeth.

I'm going to take that as a hint and post a close up crop version of my last entry.

Title: Ready for Zombie Apocalypse (Alternate Version)

Edit: Guess I should have read that all the way through since you used my entries as an okay example. LOL. Oh, well dental plan for genesis still shows up better in the second image although I like the first version's composition more.

ready-for-zombie-apocalyspe-closercropped-2b.jpg
    1100 x 948 - 817K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    @Szark

Whoops, you are correct, sir. I'll make a revision today. Boy, I need new glasses...that was a pretty big mistake. Thank you Szark.

I had to say something as it is such a great pic.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

Here's an entry from me.
    These morphs are going to come in so handy.

Clown-Teeth.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 271K
    edited December 1969

Here's an entry from me.
    These morphs are going to come in so handy.

Oh, he's scary. I like that this a lot. I agree about the morphs. I'd also add the textures are really going to come in handy too. Even if you don't knock the teeth out the cavities, yellow staining and the tongue coating add a nice touch of realism.

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    @Szark

I like the new render. That is seriously sweet.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,899
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

OK, I'll se a hint here ;-)

Honey! I'm Home!

honey-imhome-pw.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 108K
    edited January 2013

There is so much cool things I wanna say about these renders but as a judge, I shall contain my comments till the end:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KinichKinich Posts: 874
    edited December 1969

The Night Nurse

Rendered in DS4.5, post work in GIMP.

Night-Nurse-A-sml.jpg
    1378 x 1000 - 680K
  • Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 456
    edited December 1969

This is a great and well needed addition to the Genesis Morph pool...thanks heaps :)
    Title: What a set :)

What-a-Set.jpg
    615 x 800 - 387K
    edited December 1969

My what big teeth you have Laticis..I am assuming it is self portrait. :) Great image dude

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    My what big teeth you have Laticis..I am assuming it is self portrait. :) Great image dude

LOL, yes I thought it was about time I actually showed my true form ;) - by the way, I ate my last dentist.

Thanks mate :)

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Little boys make tasty snacks for Giants. :cheese:

yummie.jpg
    1782 x 945 - 539K
    edited December 1969

Laticis said:
    Szark said:

LOL, yes I thought it was about time I actually showed my true form ;) - by the way, I ate my last dentist.

Thanks mate :)ROFLOL Yeah I love dentists but I couldn't eat a whole one.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Laticis said:
    Szark said:

Thanks mate :)

ROFLOL Yeah I love dentists but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Yeah, they can be a bit " filling " ;)

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

I never thought there could be so many puns related to teeth. This is starting to sound like a Piers Anthony Zanth story.

edited December 1969

I never thought there could be so many puns related to teeth. This is starting to sound like a Piers Anthony Zanth story.

Sorry but I had to google Piers Anthony, I must say I don't do lots of reading but the Zanth stories sounds quite interesting.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Laticis said:

Sorry but I had to google Piers Anthony, I must say I don't do lots of reading but the Zanth stories sounds quite interesting.

They are fun brain candy.... I use them to escape and laugh at the same time ;)

edited December 1969

Laticis said:

Thanks, I will have a look this weekend.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,899
    edited December 1969

You gave us this to chew on, so bite to sour apple as we will pull them out one by one.....

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Laticis said:
    Laticis said:

Thanks, I will have a look this weekend.

I used to read the Xanth books fairly regularly (the 'trilogy' must be up to two dozen books or more by now), but as the series went on, it seemed to become more aimed at younger readers than the earlier books were. That's not neccessarily a bad thing, but I preferred the earlier books (the first one is titled, 'A Spell For Chameleon'). If you like bad puns, the series is must-have reading. And the best puns are always the worst...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,740
    edited December 1969

I love these teeth. They definitely give characters more personality.

alejandro.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 440K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,283
    edited December 1969

Okay, so I had to join in...

Mermaid.jpg
    600 x 883 - 293K
    edited December 1969

The crowds began lining up two weeks before the Inaugural showing of the most astounding relic ever found. Deep in a South American Rain Forest, anthropologists discovered a skull of an alien creature, hidden in a small nondescript temple. It is believed to be over 20,000 years old.

AlienSkull.jpg
    958 x 919 - 449K
    edited December 1969

"Grilled Duck"

GrilledDuck.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 467K
    edited December 1969

Title: Unseelie

Unseelie.jpg
    888 x 1087 - 998K
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited December 1969

I love your "Unseelie", Pixel8ed!! :) Seriously groovy!