Shaders getting removed after Saving and Closing DAZ

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So often after working on a project and using Shaders such as Ragerator or Goredom, this shaders will suddenly vanish. This is after Saving the file and closing DAZ. I recently also tried using LIE Wound Makeup Artist shaders for cuts on my character and all the cuts vanish leaving the arms all black in the viewer.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,926
    edited December 1969

Is this in the preview and the render, or only in preview?

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

The flaw is actually in both preview and render.

edited December 1969

Which version of DS is this? (Help>About DAZ Studio)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

It is DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 Pro (64 Bit) for MAC.

edited December 1969

There are some fixes relating to surfaces in the latest update, 4.5.1.56 I think, so you might want to try that

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,896
    edited January 2013

Geminii23 said:
    It is DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 Pro (64 Bit) for MAC.

I haven't seen that problem using DS 4.5 on Mac, but as the renderengine was updated, you might need to update the shaders as some are recompiled as they were compiled for the old renderer, could be that those shaders are lost. (I don't have any old that doesnt work so I cannot test), but I use Hybrid Grunge extensively so I would have noticed.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Hybrid Grunge is, as far as I know, a set of Shader presets applying LIE images - it isn't an actual shader or set of shaders.

edited December 1969

Hybrid Grunge is, as far as I know, a set of Shader presets applying LIE images - it isn't an actual shader or set of shaders.

I stand corrected (was too late), and then the problem is LIE (which I remember there was some fixes with), something about temporary LIE files being wrongly named in some version, wasn't that you Richard who has seen that?

edited December 1969

Totte said:

I stand corrected (was too late), and then the problem is LIE (which I remember there was some fixes with), something about temporary LIE files being wrongly named in some version, wasn't that you Richard who has seen that?

I don't think so.

edited December 1969

Totte said:

I don't think so.

Sorry, it was Simon (searched the mail archives)