list of model that don't work in Carrrara

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Spotted that rig in my runtime earlier today. Don't think I've ever loaded it though.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

LOL! Awesome!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I got it to I guess i must dig it out as well. Listening to Convoy now It does bring back memories of the movie.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

rubberduck, bears in the air 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

who is going to model the chartreuse micro bus?

chartreuse!!  is green? smiley

turns i have elebeast, will give it a try, mebbe bandicam it. ,,, need to get a nice mic 

elebeast one of the older creatures, hafta load genesis 1st then do the preset shape.

trunk is a geograft, i turned it onto conforming with the delete graft trick.  haven't tried the sy method yet. smiley

eebeast.png
    1280 x 1153 - 1M
    elebeast.png
    1280 x 850 - 1M
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited February 2017

Loaded Big Bill Truck and the tanker trailer, it seemed to take a long time to load, but it all came in OK. This is a very quick Octane render with the default materials just as it came in - doesn't look half bad, could be improved with some tweaking.

OK - tried 3 times to load the image and it just gets stuck at "Uploading"...

Post edited by PhilW on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited February 2017
    MistyRara said:

chartreuse!!  is green? smiley

No my friend, Chartreuse is Yellow, Or may be green???!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Chartreuse-bottle.jpg

Post edited by DUDU on
    PhilW said:

Loaded Big Bill Truck and the tanker trailer, it seemed to take a long time to load, but it all came in OK. This is a very quick Octane render with the default materials just as it came in - doesn't look half bad, could be improved with some tweaking.

Try editing the image to a web-friendly jpg

I've had that problem a few times. I use IrfanView - open image, save for web (plugin)(plugin comes with it) then just fill out the form or leave as is, and decide whether to overwrite or keep original. If the original was something other than jpg, it won't overwrite no matter what.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I have to destroy a full town for my film in progress and I tryed to do that with the night and day city from PhilW (sorry Philsmiley), but my computer being strangled by this scene, is it normal?

Well... if you load one of the full city preset scenes... yes. They are huge - too huge for something like that.

It would be better to use the parts he has in the Objects category to build only what you need to see - and get a camera angle so you don't have to see too much - relatively speaking.

It's found inside the installation directory for Carrara: 

Daz3d > Carrara 8.5 (or whichever) > Presets > Objects (I add this folder to my Objects tab) > InstaCity Day and Night - and in there are a bunch of wonderful assets for building our own cities.

I was just in there. I'm using his low-poly vehilces (night versions) for a scene I'm doing in SM's Urban Sprawl at night. I just added my special light cone effects to each vehicle - now they quickly just duplicate around the city. We'll never get a close look at them - they're just to add that extra light and movement. Pedestrians come next ;)

Speaking of InstaCity Day and Night, I just built a cool city scene with that a while back. Not sure which thread I was in, but it made great use of that Objects directory it comes with. He gives us fully-loaded traffic streets, people, vehicles, all the buildings... it's all very easy (and fun!) to work with!

edited February 2017

Funny you should mention Night & Day City - it's soon to be enhanced with more buildings... bigger buildings...

CityCentralSunset1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 59K
    Post edited by PhilW on
    edited February 2017
    PhilW said:

Try editing the image to a web-friendly jpg

I've had that problem a few times. I use IrfanView - open image, save for web (plugin)(plugin comes with it) then just fill out the form or leave as is, and decide whether to overwrite or keep original. If the original was something other than jpg, it won't overwrite no matter what.

It was already a jpeg, the web page was just playing up! (Or maybe it doesn't like "&" in a file title - I changed it and here it is!)

BigBill Truck and Tanker.jpg
    640 x 480 - 83K
    Post edited by PhilW on

Nice freaking truck Image, PhilW!!!

PhilW said:

Funny you should mention Night & Day City - it's soon to be enhanced with more buildings... bigger buildings...

Much Nicer freaking image, PhilW!!!!!

edited February 2017

And guess what was used for these two standees . . .

urban.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 886K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Beta testers always get the inside track on things! LOL

I must say, you pick a funny thread for this.

Disclaimer - This InstaCity Day and Night DOES INDEED WORK in Carrara beautifully!!!!

It was only because it was mentioned - I'll pick another thread (or start a new one) to post any other examples. It is completed and currently in Daz testing.

• well I cannot get it to work in Octane so there is that wink

well I cannot get it to work in Octane so there is that wink

Well it relies on the Instance Randomizer plugin and if you are talking about the full city, there are too many trees in there.  I did suggest to Sighman that he do auto-conversion from Instance Ranomizer in Carrara to Octane's Random Color function as they are quite similar, specifically with this set in mind, but it was never taken up. Maybe one day I'll get around to doing an Octane conversion.

lost the dancing ice cream?

• I figured it was the instance randomiser

PhilW said:

It was only because it was mentioned - I'll pick another thread (or start a new one) to post any other examples. It is completed and currently in Daz testing.

Sorry - I was being silly, or at least trying to be! LOL

And it's only right that the thread should go off topic!

And it's only right that the thread should go off topic!

Agreed. It's either that or it would disappear into the archives forever! ;)

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

When is it on topic?

I'm sorry, what was the question?

big billheart  needs some carrara shiny paint shader, or luxus

edited August 2018

I did this quick test of Big Bill last year with modified shaders for Octane in Carrara.

BigBill Truck and Tanker.jpg
    640 x 480 - 83K
    Post edited by PhilW on