V4 Muscle Morphs memory mega malfunction

nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Does anyone have experience with V4 Muscle Morph memory malfunction:

I haven’t used the product since a first Ram-hogging episode, but decided to reinstall and try again.

Trying to remove it, after it immediately started ram-gobbling again, was a problem, and seems to be pointing to the flaw in the

software, because there is definitely a flaw in V4 Muscle Morphs, as they run in Studio 4.5.

I injected the morphs, experimented for a few minutes, didn't like the memory usage increases I was seeing, and decided to remove the morphs. I didn't want to delete the V4 figure, so I choose the REM Muscle Morphs option.

When I hit REM, the Ram usage spiked to 4Gb, all I have installed. It stayed there, locking up 99-100% of all the ram I have, and after ten minutes of nothing happening, I had to crash the program via Task Manager to get my computer back.

It’s a definite malfunction.

It may be related to another “apparent” malfunction in that software, at least as it downloaded to me

It acts as if zeroing a given muscle morph after it’s applied doesn’t release the memory allocation it was using, so the usage just climbs and climbs with every morph applied, till there’s no ram left for the machine to work with. I’m not a programmer; but I did watch carefully as I applied and zeroed several morphs in a row.

Ram usage climbed on application, and didn’t reduce on zero. That doesn’t make sense, and no other of the several morph sets I have for V4 or Genesis does that. Most of them are hardly noticeable in terms of ram-usage, yet very effective.

Tomlinson’s entire Sacrament set doesn’t use 4Gb of Ram on my machine, so a small morph application shouldn’t come anywhere near that usage. No other Daz product that I have uses anything like that much ram. It shouldn't grab all available memory and lock up the computer on a simple REM call.

V4 Muscle Morphs has done this both times I've tried installing and using it. Something’s wrong with the product.

In any case, though the product is defective, my “refund” period has expired so I’m wondering if anyone else, using Studio 4.5.1.6, with Windows 7 64 bit, has been able to effectively use the V4 Muscle Morphs.

Seems like it would be a great product if it worked. Some products I would like to have require Muscle Morphs, that was one reason I purchased in the first place, but it doesn’t leave any ram for any other software to run on.

I did also notice that most of the way-more-than-usually extensive Readme is about Poser. Are V4 Muscle Morphs, then, a Poser-only?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Something is not right. I use those morphs all the time in DS4.5 and never once have seen anything like this happen. I keep my Monitors (Ram/CPU) on top at all times so I would have noticed an issue like this.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Agreed. Something is not right.

Good to hear it's unlikely to be the morphs, because I was jazzed about using them, but, where to begin looking for a solution?

I can try redownloading; any technical recommendations, anyone? As is, the product is unusable.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I would run a RAM test and check your chips. A faulty chip can cause all kinds of weird issues.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

It's a good thought, Jaderail.

As I said, I don't find this ram-hogging business going on with any other software, program, figure, or morph package that I have, just V4 Muscle Morphs, so I don't think it's the ram itself, unless there's some peculiarity about the V4 Muscle Morphs software, and the way it interacts in Studio 4..5.1.6 as regards ram access.

If you use it without problems, it points to my copy.

I've redownloaded, and will try a reinstall. Could be my original download got corrupted in transmission... Really, I should have sorted this all out in the first thirty days, so if, stranger-than-fiction, it just would work, I could refund.

Oh well, it was on sale then, too. If I do find a fix, I'll post.

• AlexBarclayAlexBarclay Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I use V4 muscle morphs extensively all the time too (DS4.5 x64), while running Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Firefox, and Media Player on a laptop with 4GB RAM that's shared with the graphics hardware, and I don't have any memory issues.