Conforming Cloth in Poser Problem

Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191

Hi
I have Genesis on Poser Pro 2012 running. So far i encountered no Problems with loading and Shaping genesis.
But when i try to Conform a V 4.2 Cloth, it seems to be comformed to the wrong place.
I loaded Julie and wanted to fit some Jeans. The jeans sit in the middle of the Belly after comforming. Even the
"Transfer Morphs" didnt do anything.
I tried the same in Studio 4.5, The Jeans fit perfectly after comforming.
So my question is no: Can i somehow do the comforming before i load Genesis to poser and load it alltogether, with
cloth, textures and so on?
I love Studio 4.5 and its possibilities, i just think Poser Pro gives better Renderings. And i never got anything over
to Carrara, so im kind of stuck here.
Can anyone tell me whats the fastes and easiest way to send a complete posed, clothed figure from Studio 4.5 either
to Poser Pro 2012 or carrara?
Thanks a a lot.
Regards Beat

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio has AutoFit to make V4 clothing fit Genesis, but Poser doesn't. Since you have DS, try converting the clothes there and then saving as a .duf file, then create the Poser Companion Files for that.

• Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard
    Thank you for the fast reply. Well, its not so easy, because its a Cloth created for V4.2 without Meta Data. So i have to create the Meta Data first, to be able to create the Poser Companion afterwards...
    Quite a during task then. We'll see if it works. Ill keep you posted.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

You don't absolutely need metadata - there's an option in the conversion dialogue to just select a file and specify its type, which is what the metadata is for. (In fact you don't absolutely need to use DS once you have the .duf file - you just need a copy of the .py file from an existing item, renamed to match, and a Poser fiel of the right kind calling the .py file - for a single item it's almost easier to do it by hand that way.)