Dynamic hair and clothes ...

Pascal ComicsPascal Comics Posts: 137

Hi, I'm looking for a type of hair and/or robes/cloaks for Genesis that I can adjust as if a very strong wind is blowing in any direction. This is for a static image without animation. Does this exist? And if it does, what clues do I look for when shopping? TIA for any input you may have.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Hi, I'm looking for a type of hair and/or robes/cloaks for Genesis that I can adjust as if a very strong wind is blowing in any direction. This is for a static image without animation. Does this exist? And if it does, what clues do I look for when shopping? TIA for any input you may have.

For the hair...that's easy...the new hair plugin, Look At My Hair or the Garibaldi (in beta, hopefully soon to be released)...

For a cloak...any, if you want to play with it...it's fairly easy to take and export to Blender and run a cloth sim with wind on it, then import it back into DS...but I'm guessing you don't really want to do that...so, off the top of my head, I can't think of any with that much 'morph' to them.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

For the hair, aside from the plugins ... lots of the professional hairs sold do have morphs for moving the hair somewhat. The descriptions should give an indication. Also for still images you can add 'post work' in an image editor to add or enhance any finishing touches. While there are a number of free hairs available they usually don't have the same flexibility for posing.

And for D/S do not buy hair that says it's "dynamic for Poser or Carrara" because it won't work.

For the cloak, the thought of the bull fighters comes to mind. Make it wet with water, then it won't have to blow so much in the wind.
    There are usually either handles or a bone for moving the clothes about. For still images you don't have to be as concerned about poke through on the far side providing the viewable image is believable.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Mitsu hair is great for what you want .

• Pascal ComicsPascal Comics Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for your input. Saved me a chunk of change doing the trial and error boogie. Looks like I'll have to limit myself on what action scenes I can produce until those hair plugins are ready for prime time. On another note, each morph package I buy adds another 17 million parameter and shape dials. I'm not complaining, just saying.