Shortcuts to specific dials ...

Pascal ComicsPascal Comics Posts: 137

Hi, I know how to drill down through every bodypart to get a particular dial for a particular part but how do I get there again a second time without any more fuss? Can you create a 'dial' shortcut? One that homes in and displays the dial for a specific bodypart I need to tweak? I'm thinking Mouth: Open/Close and Eyes: Open/Close. What's the best way to achieve this? I'm still learning. TIA for any tips.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

You can type part of the name in the filter box at the top of the pane, as long as the morph is among those showing (so you need to have the right region active is you are using the Shaping pane).

• Pascal ComicsPascal Comics Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

You can type part of the name in the filter box at the top of the pane, as long as the morph is among those showing (so you need to have the right region active is you are using the Shaping pane).

I know I should be reading the manual but it was so much fun and easy up to this point. Now I have to delve into the minutiae of the interface. Oh well, it had to happen sometime. Thanks again for the help.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

I can tell you what works for me.....

I have Genesis selected in the scene tab, then go to my Power Pose tab (I added it to the standard group). When I want to work on something I select it in power pose. It opens up Genesis in the scene tab and highlights the part you have selected the the Power Pose screen. In the example I selected the rt. eye.

Click for larger pic.

selections.PNG
    1645 x 904 - 244K
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Wiccan1 said:
    I can tell you what works for me.....

I have Genesis selected in the scene tab, then go to my Power Pose tab (I added it to the standard group). When I want to work on something I select it in power pose. It opens up Genesis in the scene tab and highlights the part you have selected the the Power Pose screen. In the example I selected the rt. eye.

Click for larger pic.

That's what i do too. Select the bodypart with powerpose and you get the appropriate dials in the parameters tab.
    And i'll even add a shameless plug for the Genesis PowerPose Template we made a while ago :lol:
    If you use powerpose, you'll want to have this : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9650/
    pp.jpg
    1323 x 847 - 382K
  • Pascal ComicsPascal Comics Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the great tips. I'll definitely check out the Power Pose Template thingy. But you know what? Better still would be a dialog box offering these services :

"Good morning, Brian. How is your day going? Would you like the selected character's eyes closed? YES/NO. How about some thigh toning too? YES/NO/MAYBE LATER."

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the great tips. I'll definitely check out the Power Pose Template thingy. But you know what? Better still would be a dialog box offering these services :

"Good morning, Brian. How is your day going? Would you like the selected character's eyes closed? YES/NO. How about some thigh toning too? YES/NO/MAYBE LATER."

Yes, but just make sure in it's down time it is running these in an endless loop...

0. A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
    1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Otherwise, you'll be pulling out circuit boards before you are halfway to Jupiter...

And if it ever asks "Shall we play a game?"

Don't and I mean NEVER, say, "Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?"

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited January 2013

Ah, i think i know what you mean now. Just select the figure and get a 'my favourite parameters' pane, without having to select the individual bodyparts one by one and without having to go through a long list of all available parameters.
    That's an interesting idea, Brian.
    I suppose that could be achieved via scripting.

- brain starts cracking and gears start spinning... -

Edit : lol, mjc1016, missed your post earlier, you just gave me a nice idea for a render, thnx

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on