Move origin point of imported .obj?

pearbearpearbear Posts: 227

I frequently create simple models in SketchUp and export them as .obj files into DAZ. In DAZ 4.0, the imported object's origin would always be located at the zero coordinate point in SketchUp. This was really convenient. Now in DAZ 4.5, I'm finding that the origin point of my imported objects is roughly in the center of the object, with seemingly no way for me to control where it is ahead of time. This is really frustrating. I often want to rotate an object in DAZ around a specific point (like the handle of a sword for instance), and now moving my imported objects around to just the right position is much more time consuming.

Is there a way in DAZ to control the location of an imported object's origin point?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920
    edited December 1969

I believe you have to go into the joint editor and adjust it there.

• pearbearpearbear Posts: 227
    edited December 1969

Ah, fantastic! There are menus and tools in DAZ I'm totally unacquainted with, and you've just introduced me to something that looks to be extremely useful in all kinds of ways. Thanks a million!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

The CCT has many nice addtional tools.

As Frank said, use the Joint Editor Tool and open the Tool Tab. The content of the Tool Tab changes depending on the Tool selected. There should be a drop down list at the top and you wannt the "Center & End Point" so you can adjust where the the center of the OBJ is.