Dynamic Uniforms for M4 Not Attaching to Model

Styles2304Styles2304 Posts: 0

This is the first item that I've downloaded for M4 that has been in the smart content frame. When I add it to the scene, it doesn't actually attach to M4. Any ideas?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to use the Dynamic Clothing Control (DCC), which you can find in Window > Tabs > Dynamic Clothing.

You have to run a simulation using the control to get the item to drape properly.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

If I recall correctly, the M4 Dynamic Uniforms came with a special M4 pose to apply to M4 beforehand, to bring the arms down. A couple dynamic clothes rely on that and won't really fit that well on the default T-pose initially.

• Styles2304Styles2304 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks to both of you! I'll give it a shot!

edited December 1969

Well, if necessary I can post another pic but now, since the item was never actually ON M4, the clothing just drapes onto the outside of him. Any ideas for that? I think the root of the problem is still that, when it's brought into the scene, it is not properly being attached to M4.

edited January 2013

I don;t think this item is made for M4, but for the M4 shape for Genesis. It may fit with a bit of work, but is was not designed for M4.

Here is a video on YouTube showing how to use it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9a20btkJCQ&feature=youtu.be

I will try to make it fir on the M4 figure and see what happens for you.

EDIT:

No, I can't get it to work on the M4 figure, it is meant for the M$ shape for Genesis only I'm afraid. You may need to return it if you don;t have the M4 shape for Genesis.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

There were two.

This is the one I bought:
    http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-uniforms-for-michael-4

I'll try applying that video to that and see what I get. If it doesn't work, I'll definitely return it.

edited December 1969

Sorry, I didn't know about that version, yes it is for the M4 figure, and not for Genesis (like mine is)

You should be able to find a Pose for M4 in the Pose folder which you apply first, and then run the Dynamic Drape. The item will work correctly.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately no, it doesn't. While it says it is meant for M4 . . . I believe it is the same version that is packaged for the M4 figure for Genesis. Like I said earlier, if you use the pose that came with it and then drape the clothing, it just sort of falls on top of him . . . like the way a female would hold clothes up to herself in the mirror.