How do you unlock....?

RandomRandom Posts: 202
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Using Daz Studio Pro 4.5, when you have a hair that is fitted to a figure by using the "fit to" tab, e.g. a V4 hair to a V4 figure, but it still needs a bit of position or scale adjustment, how do you unlock the hair so it can be altered. When I change the fit choice to "none" the hair just flies away, probably to the center of the scene.

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited December 1969

Random said:
    Using Daz Studio Pro 4.5, when you have a hair that is fitted to a figure by using the "fit to" tab, e.g. a V4 hair to a V4 figure, but it still needs a bit of position or scale adjustment, how do you unlock the hair so it can be altered. When I change the fit choice to "none" the hair just flies away, probably to the center of the scene.

Parent it to the head instead. Right-click and choose that option.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Random said:

Some of the V4 hairs have fit morphs. You select the hair, then look if there are any morphs available on the Parameters tab. If there are morphs, click to expand and see what morphs are available.

If there are no fit morphs, I believe you can adjust the X, Y, Z location and change the X, Y, Z scale, but these are very crude adjustments. I did have to use them on one hair I got, but it is the last desperate resort.

• RandomRandom Posts: 202
    edited January 2013

I understand you can move the hair around and scale it but can be a "desperate" procedure since I like to put the hair on after the figure is posed and sometimes it's very difficult and time consuming as I use a lot of older hairs which were designed for V3 but often have V4 fits.

So there's no way to use "fit to" but still unlock the hair from the figure to adjust the hair's position or scaling a bit???

Post edited by Random on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,901
    edited December 1969

When the hair is fit to the figure, go to the scene tab and expand the figure tree for the hair and find the head or neck, depends on the hair model, and you can use the scaling dials there to further adjust the hair. You can also try using the scaling dials at the base level of the hair

• RandomRandom Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

Thanks Matty. I'll give this a try next time.