"Implementation does not support sub elements" error message.

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
edited January 2013 in The Commons

Getting an error message with Holiday Nook's Yuletide Dreams Scene setup: "WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 12 unknown for QWidget)."

I'm guessing it's a bug in the way it works (or doesn't in this case) in DS 4.5x, possibly with the Qt interface? Can anyone confirm this or offer more information?

Post edited by Joe Cotter on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It is a warning, not an error message, and these can usually be ignored. Does the item load and render OK, or is there a problem with it?

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

No, it's not loading the fireplace at all, and it appears it's not loading the correct textures for some items like the lights but I have to double check this yet. I can manually load the fireplace from the base package and retexture it to match the Yuletide but it doesn't load in the Yuletide preload.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I only seem to have the Hoilday Nook, so I can't try this myself. Have you tried resetting your download for it, and reinstalling?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,009
    edited December 1969

I thought this had been fixed - it's missing the geoemtry for the fireplace, the warning is not relevant it's the missing storable lines that count. The fix, if this is a recent download, is to load the fireplace from the original Holiday Nook set, which should pop into place, then apply the fireplace material setting from the Yuletide Treasures set to that.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I thought this had been fixed - it's missing the geoemtry for the fireplace, the warning is not relevant it's the missing storable lines that count. The fix, if this is a recent download, is to load the fireplace from the original Holiday Nook set, which should pop into place, then apply the fireplace material setting from the Yuletide Treasures set to that.
    I just used this set proir to my machine going pop and I get the same thing.

As Richard said load the fireplace for Holiday Nook and it will pop in to the right place..then select and apply the materials for Yuletide. I then saved a new scene for future use in the same place as the old Yuletide scene

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you, that's what I ended up doing. I wasn't sure if anything else was amiss with it though, I'm taking it from this it is only the fireplace. And it was just downloaded yesterday so no, it's not fixed yet.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes only the Fireplace....time for a bug report methinks. :)