I've lost my group of 3 Tabs again!!!

fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I keep doing this. Inadvertently clicking the little "x" at the top right-hand corner and losing the complete block of 3 grouped tabs.

If this isn't bad enough, I can recover the lost Tabs from Windows but I cannot, for the life of me, link them all together in group of 3 again. They steadfastly refuse to join up to form a movable block of 3, that I can move to my second screen.

Please somebody. Put me out of my misery.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OPEN one, move it to a safe place on screen. Open the Next one, now grab it at the VERY top and Drag its top to the VERY top of the first one. If it opens under the first one grab it again and then Drop again untill they share the same heading bar.

Also, for the Headers to line up across the top you need to set your Preferances to do that. The Default is down the side.

• fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Jaderail, but you have told me to do EXACTLY what I have been doing, without success!

Quite by accident, I grabbed the actual label heading, e.g. Parameters and a 'broken' rectangle appeared to show that it had been captured. I then dragged this to the left of the Tab label heading I was trying to join and, bingo, I had my combined group of Tabs.

I think a lot of the problem can be laid at the door of Semantics!

Mind you, I had been playing arount with the Docking options before hand. I am still none the wiser! What I do notice, however is that both my groups of 3 tabs now have the orange icon followed by DAZ Studio in the top left-hand corner. The 'wipe-out' x is also now a bit more obvious!

Very strange.

Is there an official write-up about this anywhere - even in the old version 3 manual would do?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is this page : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/start

It has a reference to Dock Area on it, it may help a bit.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Once you get things back the way you like them... Go to Window > Workspace > Save Layout As and you'll always have a way to go back to this layout instantly. :)

edited December 1969

I actually use several different layouts.

I have one for Installing/Content Organizing, another for Scripting and Shader Mixer work, a third for big dual monitor work, and a fourth and final that I use when I'm at work-work that confines everything I routinely need in DS to a single monitor. :)

edited December 1969

One last thing... The way to create a new tab group/window is to drag a tab (by the tab label) to the center of the viewport. This will create an independant window. That window can then be moved outside of the main UI window. Other tabs can be added to it by dragging them (again by the tab label) to the tab on the new window. Once you have your tab group/window complete, you can drag the whole window (by one of the top edge, just below the vertical sizing position, it should turn into a + sign) and place that in the main UI.