Genesis to Motionbuilder

afrooflightafrooflight Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am trying to get the Kinect, Brekel's plugin for Motionbuilder, and DAZ workflow to work properly for creating bvh files to use in Daz for animation.

I've done some googlin' and there was one person on youtube who claimed to have done it, but the instructions are overly simple and the bone naming template that was given is no longer accessible.

So far I've imported a Genesis FBX into motionbuilder and attempted to characterize it by mapping the bones. This wouldn't be an issue except i have no idea what most of the Genesis bone names correspond to in motionbuilder. Also it appears that the shoulder joints are not in line with the X axis which through some google foo appears to also be a know issue with genesis but I haven't been able to figure out how to correct it!

Any and all help is much appreciated as I'm just trying to find a way to use this really awesome new Kinect to make my characters more lifelike. Thanks.

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

What you could do is look at the Joint Editor and it will tell you the exact location of each bone. So far as how to get the internal names of each bone, I don't see where the Joint Editor tells you this, but it should somehow...

I do not have motion builder, but I believe using the Joint Editor Tool as a reference for joint location/orientation should help you.