Studio 4.5 Pro content

RexRed2RexRed2 Posts: 7

I've had to re-do my whole system and am now trying to install content in Studio. I have a Poser Runtime and the content wants to go there, but I'd like it to install in DAZ, but I don't seem to have a content folder for DAZ in the set-up after installing. Can I create a "content" folder in my users library and then specify this path for DAZ content?

Post edited by RexRed2 on

Comments

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

If you are installing DS 4.0 or higher, the content directory has been changed to C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

Inside My Library you will find a runtime folder that can be used to install poser or older Daz content.

:)

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

You can setup any structure you want though. Inside of DS just go to the Content Library tab, click on the context menu at the top right and select "Content Directory Manager". Define *all* paths that DAZ Studio will use as both a DAZ Native and a Poser Format directory.

E.g., my setup...

201301101745_content_directories.png
    312 x 570 - 11K
    edited December 1969

Oh, keep in mind that the FIRST path listed in the DAZ Studio Format area is where all the "converted" objects go. That's why I have a special area just for that (so I can back it up). This is less important with the advent of .duf files though. :)

• RexRed2RexRed2 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Thank you both so much for your help, am now an installing demon, lol. Another question.....what is "legacy" downloads...I "get" Genesis and Poser Companion, but am a bit confused about this Legacy one.

edited December 1969

DS3/DS4.0 only content (.dsa, .dsb, .dsf) pretty much everything predating 4.5's ".duf"). Not usually required if you're using 4.5.