Delivery Driver Outfit for Genesis Problem

Mercblue22Mercblue22 Posts: 116
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all,
I have the Delivery Driver Outfit for Genesis, but for some strange reason, when I try and add the pants/shirt portion to my Genesis figure, it appears invisible. The cap, shoes and box appear fine, its just the pants/shirt that doesn't work. I even removed it and tried re-installing it and it does the same thing. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, would someone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Merc

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Check under the surface settings and make sure the Opacity is at 100%...

• Mercblue22Mercblue22 Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

Hello MJC,
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I clicked on the surface tab (after selecting pants/shirt in the scene tab) And nothing appears in surface tab. I click other articles of clothing involved in the scene, and they appear in the surface tab. But for some strange reason. pants/shirt do not. This is the weirdest thing I've seen in DAZ 4.5, all Delivery products work properly accept this one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Merc

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,934
    edited December 1969

Working here - is this a freshly downloaded copy? Sometimes the Duplicate IDs issue in DS4.5, with content made for an older version, could result in the geometry not loading at all - and I can see that I ran my fix duplicate IDs script on the set, and then it looks as if I hand edited the shirt and pants and shoes a bit later which suggests that may have been the case here. If that was a problem the item will almost certainly have been updated so a reset and fresh download should get a working copy.

edited December 1969

Hey Richard,
    Thanks for the reply, and you know, I had been running an old version of DAZStudio 4.5 I think, before my HD died last week. I just got a new one on Monday, and installed a more recent DAZStudio 4.5 (judging by the different loading pic then the previous versionI had) Removing the previous Delivery outfit I had saved on another HD, with a new one, with the more recent DS4.5, just might work!

I'll try it and let you know the results, thanks again,

Merc

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I just tried to load this up in 4.5.1.56 I'm sure I got this when it first came out so installed the original file.

Hat, boots, loaded fine. But nothing showed for the clothes and no error message. Then I tried loading one of the props and it gave the duplicate ID message. That meant to me that I had run the script an earlier time on all the wearable items.

So I ran the script again on the shoes and cap. Silence. Ran it on the outfit again and Studio said that the geometry is missing. Interesting set of events.

We'll both have to reset our files.

edited December 1969

Hey Spit,
    Thanks for the reply and its so good to know I'm not the only one having problems with the shirt/pants! Yea, I get what you mean, I re-installed a fresh copy to DS 4.5 (latest one) and still, the same thing happens. (all items work fine accept pants/shirt) I think it might be something wrong with the geometry/obj file, just like you mentioned because I'm getting the selection box to appear where the pants/shirt should, just nothing shows up. (Pants/shirt appear in the scene table too, but not the surface tab, which is strange) It could be something wrong with the way the pants/shirts were created, anyone else having this same problem with this item?

Merc

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

You have to reset and redownload. I just reset downloaded and reinstalled (it uninstalls the previous version for you). It works!

Go into your Account and go to your itemized history (listed in the left panel) and locate it. I think it's called Delivery Driver for Genesis. If you got the bundle instead (with the extra textures) it's called Delivery Driver Bundle. If I'm remembering right.

Click the reset button and the item will be immediately available for download again in your downloads.

deliverydriverreset.jpg
    463 x 600 - 13K
    edited December 1969

Hey Spit,
    Oh wow, thats awesome that you were able to figure out how to get the pants to appear. I'll redownload my copy follow your instructions and see if I cant get mine to work!

Thanks again for the help, appreciate it.