Room Creator Stairs and Balconies - Installers Question

acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
edited January 2016 in The Commons

Post edited by acanthis on

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Can't help with your question, but I how did you know about the free upgrade? I have that product but haven't heard anything.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited January 2013

It's listed in the "Additional Information" section of the product description.

Don't panic, I have the RCEP2 as well, and didn't see any emails or anything like that about it - was surprised to see the product page say it might not necessarily cost as much as initially expected (and, after putting it in my cart, indeed a hefty discount appeared ^_^).

Thanks Maclean! (^_^)/

ETA: sorry, can't answer the OP question either <(^_^)</p>

Post edited by M F M on
    edited January 2013

OK thanks. Found it in the shop.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited January 2013

I've just downloaded this and I think that one of the files marked for MAC is for WIN. I downloaded them all and got two for MAC and two for WIN. Don't know which one though is correct.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

There's seems to be a naming issue with the installers. A customer alerted me and I mailed DAZ, so hopefully, they'll fix it when they get into the office this morning.

According to the customer, it looks like the 3rd MAC file is actually the main PC file - just misnamed - but I haven't been able to verify that yet.

I've started a Room Creator thread which details the current status of all packs and the various changes and updates to RC2.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15179/

cheers

mac

edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    Anyone have any insight as to why this product comes with an installer for Poser Companion Files when it doesn't have a DAZ Studio DSON Installer?

You get a Poser Core Installer that installs ready to go Poser format files (cr2, pp2 etc), so what would be the purpose of those companion files?

You should have a Poser installer for all the main files, plus a DS installer with DS-specific presets. I have no idea why there would be a Poser companion installer. Another DAZ glitch?

"Can’t help with your question, but I how did you know about the free upgrade? I have that product but haven’t heard anything."

You should receive a newsletter soon about the new release and the updates.

mac

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited January 2016

Post edited by acanthis on
    edited December 1969

DAZ just told me they fixed the installer names.

mac

• edhooveredhoover Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

How do I get this as a free upgrade (as I have the ps_ac837b_RoomCreatorExp2)?

• edhooveredhoover Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ignore my previous post. I found it automatically discounts this if you apply at the last step of the checkout prossess :-) :)