New to Daz 4.5 and must say

gMAKgMAK Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in New Users

one of the most confusing interfaces EVER - can i make the "if i click this then it changeswhat my options are and make it dumb..

Oh if you dont agree and cant help - don't comment..

Regards :ahhh:

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited January 2013

hello....

???

I would like to help, but I am sorry I do not understand your question. What would you like to know? If you are asking if you can change the interface, the answer is yes. There are several options available.

Look under Window/ Workspace/Layout. You will see some other options there for customizing things.
    You can also change things by going to Window/Style and selecting options there.

Hope this helps. :)

Untitled-4.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 297K
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

A lot here like to help others see the joy. But please don't take this the wrong way but how long have you tried using the software?
    Have tried to source online tutorials via Google?

And more importantly many of these types of programs aren't easy to use and all have a learning curve..how steep depends on the learner and their attitude toward long term learning and riding the frustrating times of grasping the complexities of these types of programs.

The New Users section here has a number of helpful threads that are fixed toward the top of the forum section.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,941
    edited December 1969

Moved to New Users Help and Discussions.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

ceba said:
    one of the most confusing interfaces EVER - can i make the "if i click this then it changeswhat my options are and make it dumb..

Oh if you dont agree and cant help - don't comment..

Regards :ahhh:

I agree with the others. Your question (such as it is) is actually pretty confusing. I don't see how a context sensitive interface is dumb as it's pretty much the norm these days but if your question was 'how can I turn it off'?' the answer is you can't. You can customize the interface to your liking but the context sensitive menu system is an integral part of DS4.5 at least in my understanding.

The good news is, if you are really seeking help then there are many friendly folks (and even some grumpy ones) around here that will explain things to you.

edited December 1969

(and even some grumpy ones)
    LOL.... :shut:
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

(and even some grumpy ones)

Without my coffee...I definitely resemble that remark.

• gMAKgMAK Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

sorry to be confusing..

my workspace layout is Hollywood blvd - default I assume

Example.

I have a genesis character loaded and a different item

I want to add a color map (surface color) but don't want daz to limit my choices.

I click on the genesis character lots of maps are available that are "linked" to genesis which I select the other my choices are limited

can I over ride this forced selection..

edited January 2013

Yes you override Smart Content by using the Content Library Pane and there you should find Daz Studio and Poser Formats. Most of the older meshes will be somewhere under Poser Formats with Daz Studio formats usually pertain to surfaces. But Genesis related content will be under Daz Studio Formats.

If you have not got the Content Library Pane open go to the top menu bar Windows > Panes (Tabs) > Content Library

If you want to change your Layout then you have two options you can change Workspace and Style accessible via top menu Windows > Workspace and Style respectivly. You also have the abilty to Save your own Workspace and Style. Very wise to do so if you customise the UI.

Post edited by Szark on
  • gMAKgMAK Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Thansk for the assit..

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Prefs, turn tool tips OFF. If that is what your asking.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I think he's referring to the context sensitive nature of Smart Content. I have to admit, sometimes this still throws me. Especially when it's difficult to quickly deselect everything (is there a shortcut key to select nothing?) in order to add props or other non-figure additions.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I think he's referring to the context sensitive nature of Smart Content. I have to admit, sometimes this still throws me. Especially when it's difficult to quickly deselect everything (is there a shortcut key to select nothing?) in order to add props or other non-figure additions.

Not a shortcut per say but I find the easiest way to select nothing is to click on empty space in the viewport.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Not so easy when there are no empty spaces (when using skyboxes, for example).

edited December 1969

Not so easy when there are no empty spaces (when using skyboxes, for example).
    In the Scene Pane click on empty space and nothing will be selected. :P