Carrara Community Movie Project - "Easy Come Easy Go" Look & Feel

2»

Comments

• 3dView3dView Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think one of the benefits of this whole community movie projects idea is that many folks will be diving into things they previously never have before. Maybe even doing things. And so we may be often surprised at what starts showing up in postings . As we continue along I expect to see more people join in the fun of self discovery and team discovery ---and those enlightenments shared will make Carrara even more powerful and exciting to use then any of us imagined before.

Rich

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Hey guys,
    Here is the realistic background modeled in Carrara that is similar to my painted Frame 2 from the Easy Come Easy Go concept. There is still more that should be done with lighting and modeling but this should give you a good idea as to the image quality.. I will try to model the Man character next .

Cheers.
    Mike

RealisticBGframe2Model.jpg
    1360 x 885 - 575K
    edited December 1969

mike --that looks great. I saw you guy model already and its really cool. Just need to get some rigging on the dude. Have you added the dude for the drop box for folks to maybe try and rig him. I personally never have done a really good rig but I am sure some folks have or like me might want to try and help out.

edited December 1969

Maybe Roygee could add his model to the drop box , my model won't be ready for a little while.

MIke

edited December 1969

understood mike........I know ---making a human character is no short order.

rich

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

OK - I'll upload to the box in a few minutes - just as long as you all accept it for what it is - a first practice attempt at edge extrusion modeling in Carrara:)

I've given it a basic rig to see how it bends - not too badly, as long as no extreme bends are used. Hopefully someone using it can give me some hints on better mesh construction!

goth_teen1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 15K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Roygee,
    I like it , the guy has a certain character to him and I am sure you learned alot modeling him. I am sure this will work fine for practice rigging , my model should be ready in a bit as all I have to do is paint the tmap for the flannel shirt and put all the items together to create the whole character.

Roygee said:
    OK - I'll upload to the box in a few minutes - just as long as you all accept it for what it is - a first practice attempt at edge extrusion modeling in Carrara:)

I've given it a basic rig to see how it bends - not too badly, as long as no extreme bends are used. Hopefully someone using it can give me some hints on better mesh construction!

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

This is all progressing marvelously.

At some point very soon we need to decide which of the two approaches we will use for the humanoid characters in the test short. My thinking is that the full project will also need humans so which ever human model proposal we dont use for the test short it could and likely will be useful for the official CCMP. No one's time will be wasted, we will use everything in some way.

Please keep up the great work team!