Help applying shaders

SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
edited January 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Hi
I'm having some difficulty applying shaders to clothing in Carrara 8.5 and I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Here is what I do when I encounter the problem:
I shape and dress Genesis in Daz Studio 4.5 giving everything in my scene the same grey material because I want to have a near empty shader tab In Carrara. I then open the file in Carrara and create a new shader master which I drag onto the part I want to apply it to.This works for any part of Genesis body but nothing happens if I drag the shader over an article of clothing it doesn't even become highlighted red to show that I can apply it.

any help would be appreciated
thanks

Post edited by Sonofbelmont on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,423
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing that it has something to do with material zones.
    First try turning the visibility for Genesis off and see if that makes it possible for you to 'drag' your shaders on.
    If that still doesn't work, rather than the dragging method, select 'Actor' hierarchy of the clothing item and go into the texture room, which will bring up all of the material zones for the model in the right side panel. That is a more accurate way of applying specific shaders to specific material zones on complex objects.

If this doesn't help you out, let me know what's going on. It may have something to do with the DS > Carrara transfer(?) - Stuff like, what you're trying to do, would most likely be better accomplished for the start "in" Carrara, rather than performing the greying in DS and importing to Carrara. If the above doesn't help, try loading the original clothing file from your browser "Content Tab > My Library > People > Clothing" and see if you can now apply your shaders.

• SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Going into the texture room worked
    thank you

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,423
    edited December 1969

Any time ;)