Child for Genesis products?

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can anyone post links to products that are specifically for the Basic Child for Genesis?
Poses, characters, clothes etc?
Yep I know clothes for Genesis should work on the Child but a lot of genesis outfits aren't really suitable for a child, so I was just wondering if anything has been made for the Child. I can't think of anything in teh store at all!

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

All the stuff made for K4 will autofit with varying degrees of success.
    I don't know of anything either that has been made or the Genesis child.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The clothes for the young teens 5 should be suitable for the basic child. You can also autifit any K4 clothes to it (if you use DAZ Studio).

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

Karth has an outfit over at Rendo made with the Genesis kid in mind

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/oups-summer-for-genesis-child/92932

And Mada's Kenzi outfit here at Daz

http://www.daz3d.com/kenzi-outfit-for-genesis

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

The John Q. Genesis family at Renderosity includes character morphs for young teens and a child.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65477

I made a simple texture set for the genesis version o K4 Basic Wear that is intended primarily for female children.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66561/view/21/DAZ-Studio/K4BasicWear-for-Genesis-texture-pack

Sadie and Sam Ultra Outfit might have some options that would work for realistic renders.

http://www.daz3d.com/sadie-and-sam-ultra-outfit

As far as I know, that is pretty much it. I couldn't even find clothes for the genesis baby. Clothes for the little boy shouldn't be too bad, between the teen and adult items available. There are very few practical items for a young girl. I have tried some of the K4 dresses and they have very noticeable texture stretching issues, even for the shorter ones like the 50's Dress for Kids 4. I have just started learning how to use Hexagon so that I can make clothes for the Genesis basic child as well as other things like winter coats, but it will take a while for me to learn everything involved in making clothes. There is also no guarantee that I will be able to make good clothes.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I just hope we get some proper child character morphs. They've been conspicuous by their absence so far, and though you can get some results mixing in other sliders, nothing beats having a tool designed specifically for the job.

edited December 1969

I just hope we get some proper child character morphs. They've been conspicuous by their absence so far, and though you can get some results mixing in other sliders, nothing beats having a tool designed specifically for the job.

I agree whole heartedly. I would really like to see a Kids 5 with a base figure, characters, clothes, and poses. Failing that, I would buy almost anything someone was willing to make.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Well judging on how little content is available for K4 compared to other models I don't know if DAZ will be much interested in a preteen figure again. The Young Teens seem to receive moderate support so far but again, compared to V5, M5 and S5 content seems to come slowly. I guess not many vendors are interested in kids because they don't wear ridiculously skimpy and revealing clothes and therefore don't have a selling point. Or something like that. Of course the majority content buyers dictate the market so we have to take what we can get I guess. >:-(

• DogzDogz Posts: 898
    edited January 2013

All the Genesis outfits in my store have custom fits for basic child, how suitiable they are for the child varies, but i always add it since many will dial in 'a bit of basic child in to a character' rather than maxing it out.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I secretly hope that after they have released all those Freak 5, Girl 5, David 5 etc. figures, they will run out of possibilities for new products and will finally release Kids 5 as well...

edited January 2013

If my own attempts at human characters didn't come out like bride of Frankenstein I'd probably be working on my own Kids 5 by now.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

It's rather like the movie AI, when the little girl's dad realized David is a machine. "Nobody makes children. What would be the point?"

I still use K4 for Trot.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Karth freebie: it's for the Teens, but looks nice Scifi and a bit like her K4 UniverZZe

http://www.runtimedna.com/Genesis-Boys-of-Atlanticca.html

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I have several free Genesis clothes at ShareCG that are suitable for children.

See link under my signature.

edited December 1969

I just read a thread by SickleYield about a new product which should significantly improve how Gen 3 & 4 clothes fit Genesis. So far examples have been given for shoes and long dresses. There are also a couple of requests for examples of short dresses/skirts, similar to some of the K4 clothes.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15492/

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

I secretly hope that after they have released all those Freak 5, Girl 5, David 5 etc. figures, they will run out of possibilities for new products and will finally release Kids 5 as well...

Don't count on it. Like I keep saying, DAZ said that if we want characters like a Gen 5 She-Freak and Kids, we are to make them ourselves.

So unless some one's willing to follow in Thorne's footsteps, again, don't count on it.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited January 2013

Don't count on it. Like I keep saying, DAZ said that if we want characters like a Gen 5 She-Freak and Kids, we are to make them ourselves.

So unless some one's willing to follow in Thorne's footsteps, again, don't count on it.

I imagine someone will make better Genesis Children shapes sooner or later. "Basic Child" implies that DAZ has something better planned...and if not DAZ, then maybe Mec4D, AdamThwaites, Thorne, or Oskarsson (the most likely possibilities, I think, given their previous works) or another PA will release something. I hope so, anyway.

To the OP: these were part of the Christmas Countdown--free dynamic clothes for Genesis Child:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/66316/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Daz-Studio-Dynamic-Penguin
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/66315/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Daz-Studio-Dynamic-Snowman
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/66318/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Extra-Textures-for-Snowman-and-Penguin

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited January 2013

I imagine someone will make better Genesis Children shapes sooner or later. "Basic Child" implies that DAZ has something better planned...and if not DAZ, then maybe Mec4D, AdamThwaites, Thorne, or Oskarsson (the most likely possibilities, I think, given their previous works) or another PA will release something. I hope so, anyway.

It´s been a LONG time since Genesis was introduced. Several PA´s made morphs for Basic Female and Basic Male before V5 and M5 came. No-one made a morph for Basic Child. (Maybe there could be some free on ShareCg, I don´t know, but those wouldn´t count, I am talking about quality for-sale products). I am afraid, if any of the PA´s you mentioned were interested in making shapes for Basic Child, they would do so already. It´s not like they did not have enough time...

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,283
    edited December 1969

At this point in Gen 4's development cycle, people were *still* waiting for M4. Development on Genesis morph targets is *much* faster than just about any previous generation. But the Kids tend to show up later than most of the rest of the team, anyway. I think Stephinie 4 was the only Gen4 figure to show up even later than Kid4 (and there never was a David 4). The Young Teens skipped a generation, so they finally showed up for Gen5, but at this point it's still up in the air whether there will be an official Aiko5 or a David5, let alone kids.

The Freak 5 is pending. That much we know for sure. I am inclined to expect a Girl5 to be in development as well. And, given that DAZ has launched an upgraded Gen5 character package about once a month, one almost wonders whether they are going to be introducing a new collection of brand new figures that we've never seen before once the legacy figures get upgraded. Or whether they will move right on into Gen 6. (Or start upgrading more of the animals, some of which could use it.) But, I suspect that if they go for more new characters, I would expect a few to be buyouts like the teens, or PA figures from people they've worked with before, like Hitomi.

The artist I would have most expected to be onto kid figures (other than Thorne) would be Virtual World, but she seems to be less committed to Genesis so far (although she has some Genesis characters in the store).

edited December 1969

I think it might be a lack of demand? After all, children aren't often the focus of many 3D artistic works. They're rarely action heroes or adventurers, so it makes sense that they're not as well supported as other character types. Heck, K4 was probably the most supported child figure I know of, and even then it was still not even close to as well supported as many other figures.

Should my skills improve enough to try my hand once again at character morphs, I'll probably have another go at remaking a child character with Genesis. Hopefully it'll look more cute and less terrifying though.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited January 2013

I didn't forget about Virtual_World, but I did forget that she had done some Genesis characters. Maybe she will be the first to do a Genesis child, particularly now that we're in the DSON era. Even if demand is lower for children (which I'm sure it is), I expect the Genesis product line will probably continue for at least the next year or two, maybe more. There's got to be a kid in the mix at some point.

Oh...and possibly 3DUniverse...since they made Sadie and Sam, as well as more realistic Genesis characters like Aven?

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

I didn't forget about Virtual_World, but I did forget that she had done some Genesis characters. Maybe she will be the first to do a Genesis child, particularly now that we're in the DSON era. Even if demand is lower for children (which I'm sure it is), I expect the Genesis product line will probably continue for at least the next year or two, maybe more. There's got to be a kid in the mix at some point.

Oh...and possibly 3DUniverse...since they made Sadie and Sam, as well as more realistic Genesis characters like Aven?

Or Kaitey. She's a K4 character.

Yeah, the demand for kid figures is kind of a niche market, but when you illustrate books, most of the books which can be expected to demand illustrations are likely to be kids' books. So the demand comes with the territory in that end of the pool.

Given Genesis's ability to use Gen 4 UVs, the real demand is for a better set of morph targets. GenX can port the current morphs over, using the autofit clone,but there are some inherent problems with the base figure, and there never was that broad of a range of shaping morphs for K4 in the Morphs++ package. And some, like dolly and Chibi were useless for building realistic characters.

edited January 2013

Not necessarily. DAZ flat-out explained that if we wanted Gen 5 Kids, we are to blend Basic Child with other characters. But I do hope you're right. Because if they would still release V5 & M5 despite there being the Basic Male & Female shapes, not to mention a Gen 5 line all together, then there's still hope for an official K5.

At this point in Gen 4's development cycle, people were *still* waiting for M4. Development on Genesis morph targets is *much* faster than just about any previous generation. But the Kids tend to show up later than most of the rest of the team, anyway. I think Stephinie 4 was the only Gen4 figure to show up even later than Kid4 (and there never was a David 4). The Young Teens skipped a generation, so they finally showed up for Gen5, but at this point it's still up in the air whether there will be an official Aiko5 or a David5, let alone kids.

Yeah, and the only reason why they came to Gen 5 was because Thorne was gracious enough to create them herself and sell them off to DAZ. If she hadn't done that, there wouldn't have been a Young Teens for Gen 5. MallenLane already released Hitomi followed by Hiro 5 in aesthetic to her, so Aiko's out of the picture for this generation. He also made it clear that he doesn't think there's a need for David anymore.

Above all, DAZ_Kevin revealed that even though not a single Iconic Character is discontinued, DAZ will not promise that every characters will be released for every generation.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Well, DAZ is definitely going to release some other Gen 5 shapes. Like Girl 5, Freak 5... What else would they do? They already released all major Gen 4 figures in Gen 5 format, so eventually they will run out of possibilities. Then they either have to release new Gen 5 figure types (that are not Gen 4 remakes), or start working on animals and the like. Or they will move to Gen 6. I hope that somewhere between "running out of possibilities for Gen 4 remakes" and "moving on to Gen 6" they will find the time to release Kids 5... It will not sell as well as the other shapes, but it will make some money for sure.

edited January 2013

I just realized that we may have been looking at things wrong.

A single piece of clothing for Genesis can be made to fit any body shape, from the basic child to a super busty V5 or the Young Teens to the troll. With the creative use of material zones, transmaps, and morphs the style can be changed drastically. Add in decal maps and you can expand on texture options as well. With these options and abilities, a clothing item for kids could have appeal to a much larger audience.

An example of this would be a one-piece swimsuit. In its base form it might be a conservative suit with ruffles on the leg openings. Cute for a little girl, but ridiculous for any other use. Through material zones and/or transmaps you could turn off or hide the ruffles. Suddenly the suit is practical for older girls, teens, and may even see some use for adults. With additional creative use of material zones and transmaps, the suit could be turned into a sexy outfit like Wicked Beachwear. Throw in the decals and you can have the option for stripes, Tinkerbell, or Hello Kitty to be added to the swimsuit.

This would take one piece of clothing and give it options to be anything from a cute kids swimsuit to an ultra sexy suit for V5.

While this would not work for all the clothing items we may want, it could help the sales of a number of items that can be adapted in this way.

Post edited by Zylox on
    edited December 1969

People have been commenting that it took until the young teens came out before we got some plausible casual wear for Genesis. Most of which would be perfectly fine on a kid as well. But there is more specilaized clothing that seems to be worn primarily by kids. Not so much for the boys, but some of the shapes for little girls' dresses doesn't seem to get worn by anyone once they get into their teens.

And at that K4 seems to have been more widely supported by vendors (maybe not here, but then, that's more a reflection on what DAZ wants to sell than not) than seemed to have been the case for the Gen 3 kids. Or Gen 2 for that matter. Although there are outfits for both that people would like to be able to send through autofit, and can't.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

thanks everyone for all the links!
    I lost the thread, wasn't getting ebot replies to it, so apologies for not replying.

I was really surprised to realize that there is basically nothing created for the Basic Child for Genesis - specifically!!! I do have Kids 4, so in a pinch I can use them, but I like Genesis.

I have quite a lot of Genesis poses that I know will work on Basic Child also, but the vast majority of them are very unsuitable for a child character - female seductive poses etc. I was trying to find things like a child sitting cross legged on the floor, or holding her doll etc. There's a brilliant set of poses for Kids 4 - My Doll I think it's called, that has kids poses with doll poses.

I don't use children in my art very much at all, but I was doing a recent piece where I wanted a child with a creepy monster, and that's when it occurred to me that there seemed to be very little available, that is SPECIFICALLY for a Child Genesis.

Thanks everyone!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well - you can use the K4 poses on the Genesis child ...

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Would love to see K5 in the works. I wonder if there is a way to contact one of the vendors and politely ask/beg/plead if they would work on the K5 shape?

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Would love to see K5 in the works. I wonder if there is a way to contact one of the vendors and politely ask/beg/plead if they would work on the K5 shape?

That's what I do to MallenLane when I want a new David.

But the thing is, people like that don't respond to their PMs and if they do, it's a VERY rare treat...

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

True. Maybe a petition would work then? Or we can see if one of the lovely creators would jump on board and make the shape? Do you think that Thorne would make the K5 shape as well? I'll ask over in the Luke and Laura for Genesis thread and see if there is a response.