GoZ and saving morphs

RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 165
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Once a new morph is created in ZBrush and you are back with it in Daz Studio, how do you save it so it is always available to use with that figure in the future?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

File>Save as>Support Asset>Morph Asset. The things you enter for author and product will determine where, in the \Data\Artist\Product\Base\Morphs folder the files end up.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited January 2013

File>Save as>Support Asset>Morph Asset. The things you enter for author and product will determine where, in the \Data\Artist\Product\Base\Morphs folder the files end up.

Is there any way to batch edit a whole list of morphs so they appear at a different location?

Example:
    A vendor made some custom shape morphs and they now all appear in the parameter or shaping tab under /actor/universal/fantasy.

I would rather have all 30 of them in /actor/vendorname/productname

or /actor/universal/fantasy/vendorname/productname if that works better for you...

- - -

What I did before was to use a text editor open each of the 30 .dsx files and copy paste 30 times the new path.

Is there a smarter and faster way to do that?

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

Well, a good text editor, such as Notepad+, should let you use search and replace across all open files - assuming the string is unique to the morph's location in the pane and doesn't break anything else - but I don't think there's any other way of batch editing, except perhaps by using a script and that would be a fiddle to set up so probably no less effort.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited December 1969

Well, a good text editor, such as Notepad+, should let you use search and replace across all open files - assuming the string is unique to the morph's location in the pane and doesn't break anything else - but I don't think there's any other way of batch editing, except perhaps by using a script and that would be a fiddle to set up so probably no less effort.

Thanks a lot for the tip with the replace function. Did not think of that one. That might as well safe some time.

- - -

Well "good to know" that there is no way of doing it inside DS.

would be a handy feature: enter some kind of menu. unlock all morphs of genesis. hold down shift/ctrl etc and select all morphs that should be moved. use copy / paste or just drag them to the new location. then lock all morphs again.

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

THANK YOU!!!!