Appending groupnodes in a CR2 with a pz2

erogenesiserogenesis Posts: 7

Hi all,

I have a question about morph groupnodes in a V4 CR2 (not polygon groups, but the groups where the dials get arranged in)

I am posting this here because this site seems more active and switched on than some other sites. Plus it also involves technology that DAZ uses.

Question: In Poser, is it possible to add an extra morph groupnode hierarchy to an already existing hierarchy in a Figure (V4 DAZ) through a pz2 injection? (during runtime obviously)

for example:

original:

groups
{
    groupNode Head
    {
       ParamNode Smile
    }
}

in the pz2 injection:

groupNode Customgroup
    {
       ParamNode OpenMouth
    }

after injection:

groups
{
    groupNode Head
    {
       ParamNode Smile
    }

groupNode Customgroup
    {
       ParamNode OpenMouth
    }
}

I am making a V4 Injection and right now its is working fine, except with some users it entirely replaces the original V4 group structure (including Morph++ groups), which is very impractical. But with other users it just gets appended.

There's no clear evidence to say that it is a version issue, perhaps it might be an update issue? It doesn't work with my Poser Pro 2012 but it does work with a friend's 2012, it sometimes works with 2010 and doesn't work with poser 8... why is this?

It must be compatible to at least Poser 7

Post edited by erogenesis on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

Why not use the ExP system, which already does this as the figure is loaded? I don't think you can regroup morphs in an existing figure with a pz2, you certainly can't add new channels that way (which is why ExP has to work as the figure is loaded).

• erogenesiserogenesis Posts: 7
    edited January 2013

Why not use the ExP system, which already does this as the figure is loaded? I don't think you can regroup morphs in an existing figure with a pz2, you certainly can't add new channels that way (which is why ExP has to work as the figure is loaded).

Thanks for answering :)
    You mean this? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/wiki/user/rbtwhiz/technotes/content/exp/start
    Yeah I saw it popping up a few times, but I can't make any sense out of it. If its what I think it is, then I also don't see the significance of it. Why not just code the whole thing in one CR2?

I'm looking into a python route now, I know Xameva and Miepe did it, but they seem to be accessing libraries that poser doesn't have documented, making it all sooo easy... I am astounded at how poorly all of Smith Micro's file formats are documented. Appalling really.

thanks anyway!

Post edited by erogenesis on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

You can regroup the morphs with a PZ2, probably even add new groups for channels that don't exist, there are a couple of freebies kicking around the net for the Gen3's, they don't have any grouping, the PZ2's work in Poser and DS (up to and including 3.1, haven't tried them in DS4 yet).

DAZ got fed up with having to release new CR2's every time they released a new morph set, so they came up with the EXP system.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    You can regroup the morphs with a PZ2, probably even add new groups for channels that don't exist, there are a couple of freebies kicking around the net for the Gen3's, they don't have any grouping, the PZ2's work in Poser and DS (up to and including 3.1, haven't tried them in DS4 yet).

DAZ got fed up with having to release new CR2's every time they released a new morph set, so they came up with the EXP system.

right now we're trying to use DAZ's EXP codes to just regroup their original stuff. Trouble is that if someone has any customized groups... they'll loose it. Maybe the python can help?

ok, I'll be back later

thanks!!

edited December 1969

Tried this: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/exp/tutorials
    didn't help anything. It indeed doesn't add any channels because every time a morph gets loaded, it replaces the previous one. Channel issue... :P
    the exp system is indeed just a lazy way of making your standard DAZ groups, etc...

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

erogenesis.art:

Not sure if this will help, but I think it might help you with your issue.

*ADP Channel Mover:

http://www.poserprofis.de/python/scripts.xml

It is second to last on bottom of page. ADP is a Poser Python script writer, but this script is an all inclusive stand-alone program (no Poser, or Python needed).

At least check it out, and see if it will work for you...