V4 pz2 injection doesn't work

erogenesiserogenesis Posts: 7

Same situation as my previous post, different problem.

I am posting this here because this site seems more active and switched on than some other sites. Plus it also involves technology that DAZ uses.

I made a very complex V4 injection which works fine using PMD for Poser, but that doesn't work for DAZ.

Now, for DAZ, I am experimenting with a CR2 (pz2) injection method (with all the Deltas included). It looks like this:

}
   version 7
}
createFullBodyMorph morph1
createFullBodyMorph morph2
createFullBodyMorph morph3
etc...
   actor BODY
   {
      groups {}
      channels
      {
            valueParm morph1
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
            valueParm morph2
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
            valueParm morph3
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
      }   
   actor hip
   {
      channels
      {
            targetGeom morph1
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
            targetGeom morph2
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
            targetGeom morph3
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
      }
   actor abdomen
   {
      channels
      {
            targetGeom morph1
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
            targetGeom morph2
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
            targetGeom morph3
            {
            bla bla etc
            }
      }
   }
etc etc...

All deltas are included.

but once I load this in Poser, only morph3 has been loaded, and all the valueParms have been confused with the V4 channels.
I've noticed that if I load them up one-by-one that morph1, 2 and 3 replace each other, as if there's only one channel available for them... and that's why I end up with only morph3... while I make each channel with createFullBodyMorph.

With the PMD it works perfectly. I load the PMD first and them add the extra info. But If I try that with straight pz2 coding, I get the same problem... one by one replacing.

Why does this happen?? Any ideas?

Post edited by erogenesis on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Same situation as my previous post, different problem.

I am posting this here because this site seems more active and switched on than some other sites. Plus it also involves technology that DAZ uses.

I made a very complex V4 injection which works fine using PMD for Poser, but that doesn't work for DAZ.

Now, for DAZ, I am experimenting with a CR2 (pz2) injection method (with all the Deltas included). It looks like this:

}
       version 7
    }
    createFullBodyMorph morph1
    createFullBodyMorph morph2
    createFullBodyMorph morph3
    etc...
       actor BODY
       {
          groups {}
          channels
          {
                valueParm morph1
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
                valueParm morph2
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
                valueParm morph3
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
          }   
       actor hip
       {
          channels
          {
                targetGeom morph1
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
                targetGeom morph2
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
                targetGeom morph3
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
          }
       actor abdomen
       {
          channels
          {
                targetGeom morph1
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
                targetGeom morph2
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
                targetGeom morph3
                {
                bla bla etc
                }
          }
       }
    etc etc...

All deltas are included.

but once I load this in Poser, only morph3 has been loaded, and all the valueParms have been confused with the V4 channels.
    I've noticed that if I load them up one-by-one that morph1, 2 and 3 replace each other, as if there's only one channel available for them... and that's why I end up with only morph3... while I make each channel with createFullBodyMorph.

With the PMD it works perfectly. I load the PMD first and them add the extra info. But If I try that with straight pz2 coding, I get the same problem... one by one replacing.

Why does this happen?? Any ideas?

Guess my first question would be are you somebody who really knows what they're doing in creating complex injections or truly a "new member" experimenting with how to do this?

V4.2 has already a set of available morph channels for the community to use and for most of us, that's a good idea. One morph per channel. If said figure is loaded and another morph is injected to the same channel, it will overwrite it. I do hope you're working 'on copies".

There is one vendor I'm aware of who knows how to make new .cr2s for V4.2 adding in her new morphs.

• erogenesiserogenesis Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Guess my first question would be are you somebody who really knows what they're doing in creating complex injections or truly a "new member" experimenting with how to do this?

V4.2 has already a set of available morph channels for the community to use and for most of us, that's a good idea. One morph per channel. If said figure is loaded and another morph is injected to the same channel, it will overwrite it. I do hope you're working 'on copies".

There is one vendor I'm aware of who knows how to make new .cr2s for V4.2 adding in her new morphs.

Well, I made three comics that starred a very complicated V4 called Lali and fans started to ask about her. People wanted to buy her. So I decided, ah, why not sell parts of her... BIG MISTAKE! Had I known about the incredible hell called pz2, i would've never conceded to do it. I have a background in C#, C++ and JAVA, SQL Server, COM services, Web Apps... I thought it would be a walk in the park... but I barely know what I'm doing... sometimes it seems like I'm the only one doing it.

The standard injection channels are not enough for my figure since it has that many morphs, and like you say, there are many other products out there that already use these channels. So I make my own channels. With PMD it works perfectly... but not with regular CR2. I'm missing something...

Yes I am working with copies, zillions of them.

Do you remember the name of that vendor?

thanks!

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited January 2013

sometimes it seems like I'm the only one doing it.

Not too far from the truth TBH, the problem is that most Gen4 and earlier content is made for Poser in Poser, so everything works in Poser and very few die-hards bother to see if it works in DS, so when things are used that Studio can't deal with that's when the problems start, it's also when us DS users have to get a bit "creative" to get content to work right.

A couple of months back I posted the code for creating a CR2 that would load V4's MFD and inject Alizea3D's GND4 PMD morphs, the same approach would work here, just require a heck of a lot more code.

There is another method but that requires the use of DS, the Gen4's are build around DAZ's EXP system,, with the EXP exporter you can create your own custom channels for V4, as well as creating regular INJ/REM PZ2's, that way people just need to run the updater and your channels will appear in V4.

EDIT found it

{
    version
     {
     number 6
     }

readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:Character:V4 Morphing Clothes:Fantasy Dress.cr2"
    morphBinaryFile :Runtime:Libraries:Alizea3D:GND4 clothing fits:MorphingFantasyDress:MFD.pmd

actor BODY:1
     {
     channels
      {
      valueParm GND4
       {
       keys
        {
        k 0 1
        }
       }
      }
     }
    actor hip:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        BODY:1
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor abdomen:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor chest:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor neck:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor lCollar:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor lShldr:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor lForeArm:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor rCollar:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor rShldr:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    actor rForeArm:1
     {
     channels
      {
      targetGeom GND4
       {
       valueOpDeltaAdd
        Figure
        GND4
       deltaAddDelta 1.000000
       useBinaryMorph 1
       }
      }
     }
    }

That code is pretty basic, but it should give you some ideas on what you need to do to get your morphs working in DS, and it should also work in Poser.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

..... edit ....

thanks!

I remember where I saw their work and will post back the info.

edit: okay here's the vendor and information I was recalling. If the above code works for you though, great. If not, maybe these folk can help.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/perfect-v4-complete-upgrade---full-body-system/94993

note the vendors

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=xameva&division_id=0&s=rd&pn=1
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55100/gallery/11/Poser/Morphed-Poses-for-V4-Fix-her-problems!

From the free sample page:

A couple important notes: - Includes a script that injects our custom "MMorph" channel into your .cr2 figure. (It creates a copy, doesn't change the original). This is not like a Morphs++ injection, it's a special custom morph on top of the community channels.
    This is a required step - these morphs need this special channel as they did not look correct with just the DAZ community channels. Don't worry, it's not complicated and there are easy step-by-step instructions in the pose library thumbnails.
    - Poser script runs in versions 7 and later. There is a workaround explained in the ReadMe for previous Poser versions.
    - DAZ script works only in DAZ 3 or later.

Should be reachable via sitemail at sharecg.com and/or Renderosity.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited January 2013

..... edit ....

thanks!

I remember where I saw their work and will post back the info.

edit: okay here's the vendor and information I was recalling. If the above code works for you though, great. If not, maybe these folk can help.

OMG!!! you guys are amazing. Ok I'll check this all out after I get some sleep (I'm in Africa hehe).

Really, I appreciate it so much! I've just been getting silence on other sites. This is the right place to be!

thanks a billion!

Edit:
    Yep, I know those guys. We're going to try something similar but just simpler. But thanks for showing me that quote, useful info!!
    I'll get back once I know more, and then I'll post a solution for other people that are perhaps interested in a solution.

edited January 2013

Bejaymac said:
    sometimes it seems like I'm the only one doing it.

Not too far from the truth TBH, the problem is that most Gen4 and earlier content is made for Poser in Poser, so everything works in Poser and very few die-hards bother to see if it works in DS, so when things are used that Studio can't deal with that's when the problems start, it's also when us DS users have to get a bit "creative" to get content to work right.

A couple of months back I posted the code for creating a CR2 that would load V4's MFD and inject Alizea3D's GND4 PMD morphs, the same approach would work here, just require a heck of a lot more code.

There is another method but that requires the use of DS, the Gen4's are build around DAZ's EXP system,, with the EXP exporter you can create your own custom channels for V4, as well as creating regular INJ/REM PZ2's, that way people just need to run the updater and your channels will appear in V4.

EDIT found it

{
    version
     {
     number 6
     }
    ... edit, see previous comment
     }
    }

That code is pretty basic, but it should give you some ideas on what you need to do to get your morphs working in DS, and it should also work in Poser.

thanks so much. We're busy testing this out now!

edit: Just tried this: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/exp/tutorials with someone elses injection and works perfectly. but with mine it crashes during the initialisation. Cannot seem to isolate the problem. It hangs at the grps for the abdomen...

The PMD route you suggested was what we already managed to do and it works very well, except for DAZ and for older Poser versions that seem to replace the groups instead of append them.