Gen X Problems

AngjelAngjel Posts: 0

I followed an online tutorial on how to get an M4 injection onto Genesis. I thought I followed the instructions carefully and now my genesis character only has the transferred morph and none of the others. I chose create single morph with only non-zero morphs. The morph I created is there (2 actually head and body) I also see at bottom of the window it says "replace existing files (Keep Backup). Is there anyway to access backup and restore my genesis figure with all previous morphs (I Hope). Also the injection m4 clown doesn't even work with slider to create m4 jester face. It changes but doesn't match clown face morph at all.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Okay I got the morphs back but still no luck on the m4 morph working. Is there a video or pdf tutorial explaining the whole works? I'm sure this is a dumb question with an obvious answer so thanks in advance for you patience and understanding.

Post edited by Angjel on

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited January 2013

Angjel you might want to go to this thread,I think it would help you ....... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5878/P165/#152597

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

The Jester Head injection preset runs scripts to load in custom Rawart morphs into the "community" channels in a M4 CR2. When I apply the Jester Head pose preset in GenX, the custom morphs aren't getting loaded. So the work around I did was to load a base M4 into DS4 and inject the Jester Head and export it to a CR2. Once that is done, perform these steps:

1. Load the pre-injected CR2 into GenX
    2. All>Transfer On For Non Zero Values
    3. Create single morph
    4. Michael 4
    5. Press Transfer

6. Morph Properties screen
    Name: Jester Head
    Region: Head
    Icon: M4JesterHead-INJ.png (in the RAW_Clowns pose folder)
    Press Accept

To Test

1. Load a fresh Genesis figure
    2. Go to Parameters Tab and Jester Head should be in Actor> Head> Generation X, dial to "1".

There maybe other methods, but this one worked for me.

In the picture below, the male clown is Genesis, female clown is V4.

Clown.jpg
    1127 x 742 - 163K
  • AngjelAngjel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much I think that'll do it.. BTW great pic with genesis and v4 :)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Hope this method works out for you. The body shapes transferred over with loading M4 and applying the body pose as normal, but I had an issue with the Chest being too large on the Jester Body 1 shape. I resolved that problem by not transferring the ChestLarge morphs showing in the Body and Chest groups.

btw.. The expressions and couple pose are from the RawArt's Comic Clown Poses. I picked up his Clown bundle when it was on sale a few days ago.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on