chainmail shader for Daz

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have the calida chainmail shader and went to use it on a shirt and it came out hellaciously big, not like real chainmail at all. Is there a better chainmail shader out there for DS3? Or maybe a way to adjust it.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,382
    edited January 2013

You may need to alter the tiling on the one you are using.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited December 1969

Do I do that under surfaces?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Yes! Look for U Tiling and V Tiling. I usually make it the same number and test render. This does work with both DAZ Shaders and UberSurfaces... though UberSurfaces will not preview them in OpenGL, while the DAZ Shader will... (I try to always use UberSurf...)

You'll usually find U and V tiling toward the bottom of the DAZ surface options, and toward the top on UberSurface.

edited December 1969

wancow said:

Yes! Look for U Tiling and V Tiling. I usually make it the same number and test render. This does work with both DAZ Shaders and UberSurfaces... though UberSurfaces will not preview them in OpenGL, while the DAZ Shader will... (I try to always use UberSurf...)

You'll usually find U and V tiling toward the bottom of the DAZ surface options, and toward the top on UberSurface.

Thanks :D I did not realize it would look that much different in render ... lol.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

In the 'standard' DS Shader, it's horizontal tiles and vertical tiles...not U and V (I think that's what it is in the Uber shader).

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    In the 'standard' DS Shader, it's horizontal tiles and vertical tiles...not U and V (I think that's what it is in the Uber shader).

MJC is right... :) I stand corrected.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

In case you decide you need another shader after all, MachPack has some good chainmail shaders: http://www.daz3d.com/machpack

edited December 1969

Thanks ... Works smashingly :D