Buggy Mac version of Bryce 7 Pro

vaterchenfrostvaterchenfrost Posts: 0
edited September 2013 in Bryce Discussion

Hello,
I am a Bryce user (on Mac) since it's early versions and I find it amazing what can be done with the last one. But I find it very ennoying what happens if I want to create a new picture based material. It allways has a blueish color which stays and spoiles the whole material. Is there any Bryce on Mac user among you who has found a workaround? (my only workaround is to create those new materials in a 6.1 version on my other machine which is an old Minimac and very slow.) Another issue is the unstability of 7 Pro in comparision to older versions. David Brinnen told me to join this forum and look for tips and tricks to use Bryce more successfully. Thanks in advance!
Peter

brycebug.png
629 x 665 - 426K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited January 2013

It might help if one of the mods were to move this post over to Bryce Talk?

Edit. Just a thought... also make sure you are running the most up to date version of the software.

Help > about Bryce (+holding down the Ctrl key)

Image1.jpg
    250 x 191 - 26K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Bryce forum, as I know there are one or two who can tell you the work round for this problem.

• taniabtaniab Posts: 7
    edited January 2013

Hi! Welcome to the forums. If I remember correctly, this is a known bug of the picture editor in Bryce 7 Pro Mac. I've never encountered this bug, it's been while since I last opened Bryce and didn't use the picture editor.

Try posting your question in the Bryce forums http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/38/

or try searching, I'm sure your question has been answered before. (be aware: it looks that the search engine doesn't work very well)

Post edited by taniab on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

See my post here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7091/

If you need more detail please let me know.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Dan. Can I copy that post and sticky it at the top of the forum. As a start of a New FAQ thread maybe

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

Absolutely - would make it much easier to find. Thanks for asking ;-)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited January 2013

Hi there Peter and welcome to the forum.

Firstly I bring you what is hopefully good news.
    You can run two different versions of Bryce on the same computer at the same time so there is no need to restrict Bryce 6.1 to your old Mini Mac.

And maybe some more good news about a work around for the picture import problem;

If you use Poser or Daz Studio or any other 3D programme, you can apply the picture texture to a plain cube (don't worry about positioning, just place it on there) and then save the cube as an .obj file, then import the .obj file cube into Bryce and it's picture texture will import into the pictures library in the material editor without turning blue.
    You can then select your real Bryce object and apply the picture texture to it in the material editor and delete the imported cube.

Hope this helps.

ETA: I see that Dan beat me to it. :-)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

And do NOT upgrade to Lion!

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Edit. Just a thought... also make sure you are running the most up to date version of the software.

NOOOOOOOO!

Use the PREVIOUS version of the software! Bryce 6.1 or Bryce 6.3 for Mac. It's the only reliable solve I'm afraid.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Oroboros said:

NOOOOOOOO!

Use the PREVIOUS version of the software! Bryce 6.1 or Bryce 6.3 for Mac. It's the only reliable solve I'm afraid.

Sorry, I keep forgetting we are talking about Mac's - about which I know nothing.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I'd say have both 6.3 and 7.1 installed on a Mac and use them both when necessary.
    I couldn't live without the advanced lighting options in 7.1 and often need to import picture textures so use 6.3 for that.

Both versions are extremely stable on my Mac.

This discussion has been closed.