Where to install old Bryce content for B7Pro?

WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Ok, with all these new tutorials popping out, I've decided to reinstall Bryce 7 Pro and the 5.6GB :bug: of content I have.

Now the Bryce content installers have put stuff 2 places: in my Documents folder, and right in the Bryce 7 program folder. Urgh! :-S

So, where should I be installing all my older Bryce content to? I'm confuzzled... :red:

All help greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

This document by Horo may help you considerably.

Bryce Content PDF by Horo

If not, do say and we will offer further guidance.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This document by Horo may help you considerably.

Bryce Content PDF by Horo

If not, do say and we will offer further guidance.

Oooh, thanks a ton! Off to read it now. Much appreciated! :coolsmile:

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited January 2013

i have everything installed on Presets folder (on subfolders) and Bryce installed on D drive .
    I dont install applications on C unless there is no custom instalation or is a must for a proper run such as plugins for Nuke or Maya or FL Studio for example.
    i prefer to let the C drive with the windows as clean as i can for faster scan,runs,defrags..etc.still from ~30gb i have free only 5 ,bcuz almost any application creates hidden application data/settings in C, and i think Bryce it does too.(i hate when an application installs or creates custom settings in C :coolgrin: or Temp files from internet but for this i have Tune up utilities which helps me to clear junk files .)
    I recommend when you get user content, free or from shop to install them 1 by 1 by checking with bryce open to see how/where or in which category is/should be imported.
    If a new content/package installer created or goes in main bryce folder i import it in Presets/Skies or Materials or HDRI or Objects ,only the Scene Files folder is in main Bryce folder :lol:

Happy Rendering

Post edited by cris333 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,561
    edited December 1969

@cris333 - I hear you. I'm working the same way. I never ever install anything on C if I can help it. Having programs installed into the default location most of the time means that the existing and working program is overwritten or deleted. Whether the new one works remains to be seen. I have all Bryce versions from 4 up to 7.1 installed, as well as Studio 2.3, 3 and 4.