Are you ready for surreal city props?

theteleporttheteleport Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Are there any interest for surreal city props? I have been paining a lot different surreal paintings, and also build a strange city in secondlife virtual world, and now want to make a surreal city for Daz3d market.

Are there any special features you would like to have included? I see an enviroment with these strange buildings, and with shops selling odd stuff.. strange bridges,nice terraces,decorated pools, also some neon parts around..

I also want to have some cool geometric shapes included in the build or/and as parts..

And what software would you like to have it for, Dazstudio, Poser, Lightwave or other?

Here is some of my surreal paintings:

LandskrapVI.jpg
600 x 436 - 354K
LandskrapIV.jpg
600 x 502 - 302K
Landskrap.jpg
600 x 445 - 375K

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited January 2013

Hello and welcome :)

Nice pictures!

I like surreal and strange things, but my personal preferences are closer to one of M.C. Escher - both complex and weird architecture, not just weird (perspective flips aren't mandatory)

Are there any special features you would like to have included?

All surfaces being UV mapped nicely so I can use Pimp my Prop on it and other non-procedural shaders. Some clever movable parts, like cranks or whole wings (or doors, if we speak usual and boring) of the building.

I think I have quite a few nice terraces already, not sure about those, and I don't care much about pools, but everything else, strange bridges especially? Yes, very much. Especially bridges. My pre-c-cioussss...

As a DS user I'm ok with Poser format (obj + pp2) as long as proper DS-adjusted mats are supplied.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • theteleporttheteleport Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi and thank you:) I also are a fan of Escher, i like his images very much! I will include movable parts, and have nice UV mapping, And work on different bridge designs:) Thank you for your reply Kattey!

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Coolness! You going to be selling these? If so, how much! :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I have nothing to say other than I LOVE the paintings and would be delighted to have these types of surreal structures in my runtime to use!

edited December 1969

:) cool, glad you two like them so much!

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

Looks interesting. The biggest thing I look for in a building is an interior. I don't mean one with tons of props, but rather opening doors/windows and basic architecture and textures for the interior.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It looks as if Escher and Dali are sharing space in your head, hope it isn't too crowded (or confusing!) in there.

I'm intrigued. I'll also be slightly amazed if you manage to put together a mesh like your sample pics that works in D|S or Poser without using non-Euclidean geometry.

Watching with interest. (And trying to remember where I put my 3-D glasses.)

edited December 1969

Thank you for your input Zylox.

im thinking of having a more geometric than organic style in this city, but also some organic. a mix. and all need to connect ofcorse,, so some of what i show in sample images can´t i do.

• maatausetmaatauset Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Hi theteleport, :)

I love your designs and look forward to seeing them in the marketplace.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I think that the top image is very compelling for some reason. Probably a combination of the colors and the curly bits (which I love!).

edited December 1969

Thank you both for kind feedback :)

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Gorgeous paintings! I love the idea of surreal building! I am a Poser 7 user, so Poser would work for me .
    Stunning colors in your paintings too, I really like them.

Post edited by cimaira on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    I think that the top image is very compelling for some reason. Probably a combination of the colors and the curly bits (which I love!).

I agree. The top building reminds me of the Jetsons for some reason. It's striking and cool!

• DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Totally cool, way to go!

Are there any interest for surreal city props? I have been paining a lot different surreal paintings, and also build a strange city in secondlife virtual world, and now want to make a surreal city for Daz3d market.

Are there any special features you would like to have included? I see an enviroment with these strange buildings, and with shops selling odd stuff.. strange bridges,nice terraces,decorated pools, also some neon parts around..

I also want to have some cool geometric shapes included in the build or/and as parts..

And what software would you like to have it for, Dazstudio, Poser, Lightwave or other?

Here is some of my surreal paintings:
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Ditto!

Really like those paintings and if you can realise this style successfully in 3D form, I would certainly be interested in investing.

Great stuff :)