Change morph display in Shaping Tab of DAZ Studio?

dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0

How the morphs are displayed under "Actor" is different from how they're displayed under everything else. Is it possible to adjust how each section is shown?

Comments

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

How the morphs are displayed under “Actor” is different from how they’re displayed under everything else. Is it possible to adjust how each section is shown?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

Merged duplicate threads - if you wish we can move this to DAZ Studio Discussions.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Hi there dan.shive,

Frustrating, isn't it?

Welcome to the wonderful world of will my question actually get answered?

Two days, and even the answer man himself ignores you (other than merging/moving your threads, but he is a busy man, so I digest)...

O.K., I assume you are referring to the bigger image parameter dials in the Shaping Tab for Genesis under "Actor", opposed to the smaller morph image/dials located in Parameters Tab, or any other morph dial not located under "Actor". Am I way off?

Please elaborate more, and I will see if I can lead you in the right direction. I see either the above, or another possible inquiry to your posted question. Both with simple solutions.

edited December 1969

Good to hear from you, Daremok3.

Yes. I am interested in making all the parameter dials in the shaping tab, or potentially any other tab, as large as they appear under *Actor* in the shaping tab. I primarily would like to be able to modify *Head* and *Face* to show the bigger image parameter dials because it can be difficult to tell the subtle differences between face options, but really I'd just like to be able to make every parameter dial big in the shaping tab.

edited December 1969

Hey dan,

Sorry, I was trying to find the relative info link with the details, and Image Card Template. I have it all saved on my work-box, but I can't seem to find the docs now. I think they were moved, or possibly deleted. They are working on updating the info (slowly) to the new docs center.

However, I did find a link to a forum thread you started regarding this back in October, 2012, here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8990/

All the pertinent info I was going to say has already been addressed in that thread. Most notably, what Rob said on the subject; You must define your attributes correctly before the Shaping Tab will show the big image/dials (defined "Regions", and all parameters located under "Actor").

You set your "Regions" through the Polygon Group Editor/Tools Tab, and you move your parameters to "Actor" through the Property Editor Tab. You can even modify your dial ordering there as well. Setting the "Modifier" (Shape/Pose) in the Parameters Settings Tab, of course, and you can even define nested path folders.

Now, I am referring to DS Pro 4.5, and your previous thread states you using DS4. Have you updated to 4.5 yet?

I think the conventions are pretty much the same. They just changed some ways you get to the end result now.

Don't forget to save all your changes by "save modified assets", or figure/prop assets (if working on a product).

I just got done doing all this in DSPro4.5.1.56 for a custom product I am working on, so I know it does work. At least for the Shaping Tab. All my poses are internal linked hidden reverse deformation data, so I had no use to add any image cards for the Posing Tab.

edited December 1969

Thank you for your help! It's really nice that someone actually responded to this, and in such a thorough fashion.

I was hoping more for an on/off switch for the large icon settings buried somewhere within a menu like a long lost treasure waiting to be snagged by a ruggedly handsome college professor / archeologist, but hopes do not equate to reality, and it is good to have an answer and know these things.

I think what I will ultimately do is transfer some head / face groups to the actor region, as those are the morphs most dire in need of a closer look.

Incidentally, I did finally upgrade to 4.5. I was concerned due to a great many threads complaining about it and the fact that certain add-ons were not yet compatible, but once I did upgrade, it quickly became apparent that it was a vast improvement in performance.

edited December 1969

Yeah, sorry, no quick-n-easy button (would be nice).

Sounds like you understand how this works, but here is the DAZ Docs page I couldn't find yesterday:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/custom_parameters/start

This will show you exactly what you need to do to succeed.

Good luck...