Is the official daz content downloader ready?

creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is the official daz content downloader ready?

where can i download this free download on my account?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I haven't heard of it being released yet, where did you hear that?

I am sure there will be a big announcement when it is ready.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well maybe now that the new flashy banner pages/site look is done they’ll get to the installer...or the shopping cart glitches. Or the read me’s maybe. Or is it a stable DAZ Studio version next?

Well, be sure that the vaunted Installer will be SOMEWHERE on the To-Do list! And that real s**n!

All smiling tongue in cheek of course since it is different tech teams (I imagine) doing these things. I know that I’m waiting for the installer with trepidary eagerness. Once things like missing files, missing geometries, same exact files being given different names in place of what should be there when you download your purchases and the rest are fixed.

Fingers crossed...as well as other hand kept shielding over my eyes. LOL

Cheers! :)

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ow no, the S**n word?
    that means ready next year or in 2 or more years.

i read about this news in some thread a while back.
    wondered how long we have to wait.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,905
    edited December 1969

I doubt it will be released before all the items have been converted to zip format as it will probably only work with zip files. So far it looks like they're about halfway through the conversion.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 693
    edited December 1969

But will they ever catch up? All the new stuff that is released is with the exe installer. Why isn't the new stuff at least in zip files?

edited December 1969

5000+ items converted in 10 months, that's 500 a month, which is a lot more than what is being released of new items. But still, with that speed it may take a year or so before they all have been converted.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I just downloaded a bunch of stuff I bought, downloaded with Taozen's downloader. Then I noticed that I had downloaded the same file, except one was .exe and one was .zip, and the .zip wasn't a MAC version. So I'm gonna guess they keep side-by-side the new stuff also in .zip format, besides .exe. Would make sense.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I just downloaded a bunch of stuff I bought, downloaded with Taozen's downloader. Then I noticed that I had downloaded the same file, except one was .exe and one was .zip, and the .zip wasn't a MAC version. So I'm gonna guess they keep side-by-side the new stuff also in .zip format, besides .exe. Would make sense.

Don't think I've seen that yet. Did it have this format:

IM00006103_eastern-dragon-poses.zip
    IM00003769_steam-carriage.zip
    IM00005370_charlotta-hair.zip

i.e., starting with "IM" and then the SKU followed by name?

That's how the new zips are named.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I think it was something like that, but I sadly chucked it to trashbin already (kept the exe), so I can't verify which one it was and not particularly keen to try and reset my downloads to check (sorry, made too many purchases again, as things were cheap).

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Well maybe now that the new flashy banner pages/site look is done they’ll get to the installer…or the shopping cart glitches. Or the read me’s maybe. Or is it a stable DAZ Studio version next?

That might be true if the same people worked on the web prettification and the underlying coding. But they are not. Nor is it likely that the same people do program coding and anything having to do with the web site.

edited December 1969

Yeah, that. While there are some parallels, stuff like HTML/CSS(/PHP) is nothing like Visual C, for example. :lol: :)