collada Poser dynamic to Carrara again

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,137
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I know this has been brought up before, but... I was having trouble getting a simple dynamic cloth from Poser into Carrara so I decided to try collada export/import. First, just opening the Poser file in Carrara 8.5 was giving me an error around frame 6 (of 13) of the cloth simulation. Good news, when I tried exporting frame 13 as a single frame in collada format, I had success transferring the figure in its pose with the two pieces of dynamic clothing (a pair of shorts and a top). It needs some adjustments to the location of the two clothing items and the textures exported elements, but all in all a good start. But, when I tried to export multiframes in collada format, I got an error trying to import into Carrara 8.5.

So, it seems that the single frame collada transferred reasonably well, but the multiframe did not. Is there something I'm missing, or is just part of the random performance?

In the attached image, within Poser, the V4 was morphed/posed, and the shorts/top were fitted using the cloth room. The posed V4 and fitted clothes were transferred using collada format. Everything else was put together in C8.5, including a Genesis monster librarian, a few props from ironman, and a bunch of props that I threw together.

no_talking_in_the_library.jpg
320 x 240 - 11K